• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VA Comicon 11/20 - 11/21 Richmond, VA

65 posts in this topic

Al was pretty negative about this show, saying he packed up early sunday morning and left it was so bad. I did hear it was a decent buying show though.

Wish he'd stayed.....my buddies had a couple grand to spend on the type of inventory he carries....but we didn't get there til Sunday. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

hahaha! that's why you stay! You never know and it only takes one person to make a show successful.

I dropped over 1K on Sunday with dealers I did not get to spend time with on Saturday, looked like a knee jerk reaction to me to leave early.

Jimbo I was the one finishing up looking at books at Greg's booth on Sunday afternoon, we switched places. (thumbs u

......I wish I could've been there both days. The guy next to Gene (Victory Comics ?) had some NICE stuff in his half price boxes. I wish I could've been more thorough. GOD BLESS...

He did have some very nice books in the half off boxes. (thumbs u

You had some nice horror books.....I don't imagine them lasting long. GOD BLESS....

Thanks Jim

Got quite a few people wanting to see them in Raleigh on December 12th and our Charlotte show on December 19th

Lots of Atlas collectors in our area

I wanna see but I've heard about them for so long I think I've missed out on some really good stuff.

:sorry:

Sunday was definitely the "spending" day at the show according to the vendors I talked to.

We had 1100+ through the door on Saturday, and ANOTHER 400+ through the day on Sunday (2-day ticket sales were only counted on Saturday, so ACTUAL traffic may have been higher on Sunday).

This doesn't surprise me, as the 3 one-day VA Comicons each year are on Sunday as well.

We did better than we did in NC the week before (we did have 2' MORE table room though in VA), but even though attendance was up 50%, out sales were down about 40% from the same show last year. I talked to a Golden Age vendor who said he was off by about 25%.

We actually made many MORE sales, just much lower $$ amounts from last year.

I wish Al could have stuck around. We certainly did a majority of our sales on Sunday, and I did see several collections enter the room from the public on Sunday for sale.

Wholesaling was strong and brisk on late Sunday afternoon, with a friend of mine wholesaling a lump Silver Age collection, and being very pleased with the price.

Oh yeah...there were TONS of people!

Best,

Brett