• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canada does its best to keep out a comicbook hippy

29 posts in this topic

Honestly, we never have a problem. Lou and I must cross 20 times a year.

I even crossed once without the correct ID. They interrogated me, confirmed all my info (which corroborated with theirs) and let me in.

I think you guys are all just shady looking mo fos.

You're CIA aren't you? eek13.gif

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Roy is NSA :headbang:

Not Suppose to Ask?

Well call me shocked Robin eek3.gif

I thought drice was trolling me again.

(tsk)

I thought for sure this thread was about you.

Terrible & Mighty Theagenes, we all acknowledge your brilliance but you are guilty of a fundamental error of mischaracterization here.

r1970d is no hippie. He is Canada's #1 faux Rock Star.

Let this trouble you not, Oh Great Theagenes. Actuated Slavic dreams of pedagogical Pansophism elude all.

A couple of things to think about after having chatted with border guards quite a few times.

When you drive up they automatically think you are lying without even hearing your story of where and why you are crossing.

After hearing your story,they always like to see LOTS of documentation as to where you are going and why.

Best conversation I ever had with a border guard was discussing LeBron leaving Cleveland, Bosh leaving Toronto and how his job makes him a better poker player being able to read people.

Every time I hear a story like this it makes me think that it will be longer and longer until I move back to North America. It's not just the taxes but it seems the governments have gone crazy with security and treating everyone like criminals. It takes me literally two seconds to get into or out of Hong Kong (airport or land) with their self service immigration for residents and other than Japan I can't think of anywhere else in Asia where immigration has taken me more than about 2 minutes. Just makes doing business easier.

I have not been back to the USA since I left NYC and have only been back in Canada once in the past three years and that was a hassle at immigration.

(tsk)

Terrible & Mighty Theagenes, we all acknowledge your brilliance but you are guilty of a fundamental error of mischaracterization here.

Let this trouble you not, Oh Great Theagenes. Actuated Slavic dreams of pedagogical Pansophism elude all.

lol

(tsk)

lol

I think he likes you.

:baiting:

"annoyed me to the point that I am getting quite flip, which is also a mistake, but quite frankly, I don't give a damn any more. I now know that they are going to search my vehicle every single time I cross the border, so I essentially challenge them to do so."

Takes a rocket scientist to come up with this plan of action...Who said Chuck has a brain disease?