• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FOR SALE: [THREAD CLOSED]

51 posts in this topic

takeit:

here's a nice mid-grade...

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT #5 -- 1st Ghost Rider

Decent 3.5 copy of this key Bronze book. Shows some minor spine wear and creasing, other minor creases, a small (1 inch) tear along the top left. A little bit of tanning, and an odd red discoloration that is noticeable when looking down on the book and along the top of the back cover (printing defect?). Not sure what this is but it doesn't affect the front cover. Maybe the picture will help. Book still has decent color and lies reasonably flat. Cover is detached at the top staple, and the bottom staple is on the loose side. A solid middle of the road type copy.

sany0693.jpg

sany0698.jpg

Please do not be deceived -- we're dealing with a middle of the road copy of this book -- there's nothing high grade here and it's priced to reflect that.

Let's call it: $40 Shipped.

and here we have:

a solid copy of ALL STAR WESTERN #10 -- 1st Jonah Hex

Hot off the heels of his box-office record breaking movie lol

We're looking at a copy somewhere in the 3.5-4.0 range. Shows a moderate spine roll, a number of creases, a small ink marking on the front cover, minor tanning, some edge and corner wear. The usual with no major defects. Interior is solid, complete, and attached, with minimal wear- some tanning, creases, etc.

sany0652.jpg

sany0655.jpg

Please don't be deceived -- there's nothing high grade here. Just a solid middle of the road copy.

Let's call this one: $60 Shipped.

Jake, I'm going to have to shut this thread down. You're new here and yet you haven't been initiated, you haven't thrown a drama queen fit and you certainly are doing everything properly. I'm afraid this just isn't proper protocol for a newb.

Jake, I'm going to have to shut this thread down. You're new here and yet you haven't been initiated, you haven't thrown a drama queen fit and you certainly are doing everything properly. I'm afraid this just isn't proper protocol for a newb.

:sumo:

okay, back to the Silver Age...

Mr. Ray Palmer...

SHOWCASE #34 -- 1st Silver Age Atom

Solid 1.8 copy of Showcase #34. Shows creases, small tears, a little scuffing, a small ink marking, a little bit of chipping, minor spine wear, some small tears, an extremely faded stamp, and a little bit of minor staining on the back cover. The cover is detached at the top staple and loosely attached to the bottom. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking!

sany0676f.jpg

sany0678.jpg

Please don't be deceived -- this is a low grade book and is priced as such. There's nothing high grade here.

Let's call this one: $80 Shipped.

If it makes you feel comfortable Roy, I could start these books off at asininely high prices, not sell any of them, and start another separate thread to complain about the cheapwads on this board. :whee:

If it makes you feel comfortable Roy, I could start these books off at asininely high prices, not sell any of them, and start another separate thread to complain about the cheapwads on this board. :whee:

Sounds like somebody's been taking notes.

:baiting:

and here we have:

a solid copy of ALL STAR WESTERN #10 -- 1st Jonah Hex

Hot off the heels of his box-office record breaking movie lol

I actually contributed to that box office total. :sorry:

Well, that makes two of us doh!

Sounds like somebody's been taking notes.

:baiting:

Have you tried going to a show lately? However bad it can get in here, it's 10 times worse out there. I'm just plain sick of staring down all the $500 for a raw 2.0 copy of Hulk #181 signs. rantrant

lol

I think it was at Chicago in April this year one of the dealers was so pizzed off about people asking how much his Hulk #181 was that he put up a sign telling people not to ask him anymore.

Okay, here we have:

One of the all-time coolest Superman covers IMO...

SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #1 -- 1st Darkseid

About a 4.0 middle of the road copy. Tight to the spine, but shows some creases, minor spine wear, a little bit of minor edge, some minor tanning, and the earliest hint of a rolled spine. Not high grade, but not too shabby. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

sany0713.jpg

sany0715.jpg

Please don't be deceived -- there's nothing high grade here, just a solid middle of the road copy of a cool Bronze age key!

A reasonable $15 Shipped will get you into this book.

lol

I think it was at Chicago in April this year one of the dealers was so pizzed off about people asking how much his Hulk #181 was that he put up a sign telling people not to ask him anymore.

That's great! I used to troll around the Midwest shows and there would always be 2 or 3 dealers who had been sitting on their copies for at least 5 years at annually inflated prices. Now I'm no science geek or math wiz, but :makepoint:

HERE'S A QUICK RE-CAP AND UPDATE:

WHAT'S LEFT:

ALL-STAR WESTERN #10 -- 1st Jonah Hex 3.5

Price drop -- $45 shipped

sany0652.jpg

SHOWCASE #34 -- 1st S.A. Atom 1.8

sany0676f.jpg

Price drop -- $65 shipped

SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #134 -- 1st Darkseid 4.0

sany0713.jpg

$15 shipped

... Might be more coming in a little bit.

:takeit:
here's a good deal for someone...

I just upgraded my copy tonight.

BATMAN #232 -- 1st Ras Al Ghul

Solid 4.0 copy shows some creases, edge wear, slightly rounded corners, and a very small piece off the bottom right edge of the front cover and a small chip off the middle right edge. A little bit of tanning, but otherwise decent interior.

sany0639.jpg

sany0641j.jpg

Please don't be deceived though -- there's nothing high grade here and that's not going to change.

Let's call this one $20 Shipped.

:frustrated:

Very Nice Grab :headbang:

Okay, here we have:

One of the all-time coolest Superman covers IMO...

SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #1 -- 1st Darkseid

About a 4.0 middle of the road copy. Tight to the spine, but shows some creases, minor spine wear, a little bit of minor edge, some minor tanning, and the earliest hint of a rolled spine. Not high grade, but not too shabby. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

sany0713.jpg

sany0715.jpg

Please don't be deceived -- there's nothing high grade here, just a solid middle of the road copy of a cool Bronze age key!

A reasonable $15 Shipped will get you into this book.

:takeit: