• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something Rotten In Denmark

48 posts in this topic

... ... *looks around* ... ...

Ok, Ian. I don't know you at all, or many other people on these boards, so I'm just going to respond as I mentally responded when I was originally reading of your dilemma, and not be concerned with how you'll react:

Are you out of your MIND? Seriously, I don't know anyone who would/could carelessly send $500 to a complete stranger, let alone $5000. You're not even using an third-party service like eBay. In conjunction with Paypal, at least they can offer you some protection on such a transaction.

I'm utterly baffled as to how you can be so loose with your money. It would only be somewhat forgiveable even if you were super comfortable with your finances. If you're going to put yourself into hands of such chance, donate to charity or something.

I don't know, maybe I'm off of my rocker... since other board members aren't publicly responding like I am doing now. Maybe everyone here but myself can afford such a chance at a loss of that magnitude. Maybe you're well-respected on here. Maybe you're an intimidator or something. But I have the luxury of not knowing you and thus I can respond so openly.

I mean no offense to you, and I truly wish this situation could have evaded you. I hope it finds a happy-ending.

Did he send you scans of the books?

If anyone came out of the blue with books I wanted, I would want scans with a a newspaper in the picture (to make sure the books were really). Obviously, the grading could still be incorrect, but at least there would be some proof the person has the books.

Sorry for your misfortune, but don't give up your quest. You are almost there.

I'm agree. No offense here, but i cannot believe you have sent him $5000 without warranty. Some people are not as honest as you ...

He's English. Nuff said. stooges.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif add that to the fact that he is the biggest gullible whale out there foreheadslap.gif Oh Great! another thread with Levine crying about how the postal system or another seller has screwed him... impatient /git whatever... once again I care not how this turns out ... serves the likes of you right sleeping.gif [insert emoticon with finger here]

add that to the fact that he is the biggest gullible whale out there foreheadslap.gif Oh Great! another thread with Levine crying about how the postal system or another seller has screwed him... impatient /git whatever... once again I care not how this turns out ... serves the likes of you right sleeping.gif [insert emoticon with finger here]

Please kindly desist from clogging up my personal threads with endless tedious boring pics of your baby that we've all seen two thousand three hundred and seventy nine times before.

Please just bypass anything to do with me, as it's getting REALLY boring now.

add that to the fact that he is the biggest gullible whale out there foreheadslap.gif Oh Great! another thread with Levine crying about how the postal system or another seller has screwed him... impatient /git whatever... once again I care not how this turns out ... serves the likes of you right sleeping.gif [insert emoticon with finger here]

Please kindly desist from clogging up my personal threads with endless tedious boring pics of your baby that we've all seen two thousand three hundred and seventy nine times before.

Please just bypass anything to do with me, as it's getting REALLY boring now.

Fokker, I was bored with you the first time you posted the "126 to go" thread. It's hard to bypass anything with you as your banality and rotting stink permeate this general forum. Next time, think twice before you call me into commenting on your pathetic pictures and collection as I clearly have no interest in them nor do I support your completion of them. Go do me a favor and FOAD...

Fokker, I was bored with you the first time you posted the "126 to go" thread. It's hard to bypass anything with you as your banality and rotting stink permeate this general forum. Next time, think twice before you call me into commenting on your pathetic pictures and collection as I clearly have no interest in them nor do I support your completion of them. Go do me a favor and FOAD...

Aaaaaaah. How sweet. flowerred.gif

Are you out of your MIND? Seriously, I don't know anyone who would/could carelessly send $500 to a complete stranger, let alone $5000.

I agree....

Ian...what were you thinking? I think it's time you sat back and reevaluated your quest. It seems you're so desperate to complete the collection that's it affecting your good judgement.

I do hope it works out....

Jim

hkp on these boards, who is originally from Denmark, said I'd never get them, and he was right. I just received this from Lars Pedersen.

To Ian.

It has come to my attention that you have been harassing my family not only at their home but also at work and posting personal e-mails of mine on-line without my express permission, both of which are absolutely unacceptable, and I have no desire to do any deal with someone who can not even control themselves. Further more I've been receiving threats from an, at least to me, unknown person, who seems to represent "your best interests". I must say that the apparent lack of respect you demonstrate is staggering.

Therefore I will terminate all businessrelationship with you immediately. Tomorrow I‚ll call my bank and have them make a check for $5000 in your name and send it to you ASAP. You should have it sometime within the next two weeks. Since I have the exact same expenses in making out this check that you did, you will receive no compensation for the expenses you may have had with the initial check.

I expect that any further communication between us will be in a much more civil tone, or this will be the last time I write to you.

I wish you the best of luck with your collection ˆ which will NEVER include any of my comics.

Lars

Something still seems rotten. The seller claims he's refunding your money, yet he already claimed the books were on their way! He even gave you the "tracking number"!

Obviously, the books were never shipped (did they ever exist?) so I'd be concerned about getting that money--if he lied about the books being shipped, he may have lied about your refund being on the way.

Best of luck!

Charlie

-------

RushComics Auctions

Something still seems rotten. The seller claims he's refunding your money, yet he already claimed the books were on their way! He even gave you the "tracking number"!

Exactly.

He said they were sent, gave me a tracking number, now he pretends outrage at me phoning up, and says he's gonna refund my money in a couple of weeks.

HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO FEEL ???????

Ian, I know it's a blow, but take a deep breath, calm down and take a walk around the block. Otherwise you'll just get yourself worked up even further and that will really serve no purpose. Go out, see a movie, stop somewhere and have a glass of wine, or two. Spring's on the way and the earth will continue to rotate.

This will pass. The hunt continues. You have a lot of support here...you should know that by now. Don't over-do the drama. Keep it in perspective....you're close, you will finish your quest. Hang in there. Did Edmund Hillary stop twenty feet from the peak of Everest and whine about the wind to Tenzing Norgay? I doubt it. Hip, hip, stiff upper lip and all that. Good posture. Carry on!

everest.jpg

Red

I agree with redhook, don't let yourself get worked up over it.

I understand, $5,000 is a lot to get burned for--but I've been burned for more in the past, and it passed, and here I am, still able to do this: smile.gif

You'll be fine. You may want to go ahead and contact the Danish police though, I find his refund claim as suspect as his tracking number.

-------

RushComics Auctions

You may want to go ahead and contact the Danish police though, I find his refund claim as suspect as his tracking number.

Of course it is. He lied, and then he used the fact that I questioned his lies as a reason to cancel the deal.

How fishy is that ???

All this advice is well meant, but it doesn't stop me from feeling so down that I feel like I just can't face it all again.