• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else...

67 posts in this topic

Just got a response from Josh

"Greg,

There was an enormous amount of simultaneous traffic for the Spideys causing the site to be down for 5 minutes starting at 8:24pm until 8:29pm. Based on the presumption that there was probably a slowdown before the outage, and likely bidder disorientation afterwards, we are going to reopen Spidey lots from #2 thru #102 tomorrow at 7:30PM, followed by the regularly scheduled lots will be pushed back accordingly. In this way, the sellers will not get hurt and whoever is legitimately willing to pay the most for books will become high bidder on these lots. This is an unfortunate situation but it seems to me this is the most fair way to deal with it.

Josh"

"Greg,

There was an enormous amount of simultaneous traffic for the Spideys causing the site to be down for 5 minutes starting at 8:24pm until 8:29pm. Based on the presumption that there was probably a slowdown before the outage, and likely bidder disorientation afterwards, we are going to reopen Spidey lots from #2 thru #102 tomorrow at 7:30PM, followed by the regularly scheduled lots will be pushed back accordingly. In this way, the sellers will not get hurt and whoever is legitimately willing to pay the most for books will become high bidder on these lots. This is an unfortunate situation but it seems to me this is the most fair way to deal with it.

Josh"

Well, it's good to see Josh and gang doing the right thing. Maybe it's time to buy some new snazzy servers; assuming the ones they have already aren't snazzy to begin with....

Well, it's good to see Josh and gang doing the right thing. Maybe it's time to buy some new snazzy servers; assuming the ones they have already aren't snazzy to begin with....

No small companies host web sites from their own servers, they go with hosting companies. I think Heritage does run their own servers, but their revenue is quite a bit higher. I think ComicLink uses this company:

http://www.lighthousehosting.com

"Greg,

Josh"

:golfclap: