• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why didn't Frank Miller Write more Batman?

9 posts in this topic

I really enjoyed what he did with Batman year one and was wondering why he didn't continue writing for a little while longer? Was he just bored of it? (shrug)

And yes I know Year one was more about Gordon then Batman, but I still liked it.

I really enjoyed what he did with Batman year one and was wondering why he didn't continue writing for a little while longer? Was he just bored of it? (shrug)

And yes I know Year one was more about Gordan then Batman, but I still liked it.

From reading All Star Batman and Robin, I'd say yes.

And yes I know Year one was more about Gordan then Batman, but I still liked it.

Okay, I didn't read ALL-STAR beyond #1.

You obviously didn't read the wiki entry for Frank Miller either :makepoint:

During this time, Miller (along with Marv Wolfman, Alan Moore and Howard Chaykin) had been in dispute with DC Comics over a proposed ratings system for comics. Disagreeing with what he saw as censorship, Miller refused to do any further work for DC, and he would take his future projects to the independent publisher Dark Horse Comics.

You may have just found the answer to your question. He has of late become

( when writing Batman) a very polarizing figure.

You obviously didn't read the wiki entry for Frank Miller either :makepoint:

During this time, Miller (along with Marv Wolfman, Alan Moore and Howard Chaykin) had been in dispute with DC Comics over a proposed ratings system for comics. Disagreeing with what he saw as censorship, Miller refused to do any further work for DC, and he would take his future projects to the independent publisher Dark Horse Comics.

hm Hiyo!

Did DC Comics just get LaBron'ed!?

P.S.

... :jokealert: