• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bone #1 First Print

46 posts in this topic

The scan you posted in this thread has a reddish logo and looks like a 1st print - the orange logo on a 5th print is a pretty dark orange. The "by jeff smith" text on a 5th print is also red whereas it's yellow on a 1st print - yours has yellow text.

This is a 1st print:

bone-1-1st-print.jpg

And this is a 5th print:

bone-1-5th-print.jpg

I think CGC screwed up here, not you :thumbsup:

Yet another reason to be here! :applause: (thumbs u

Hey folks!

Well, I had this book slabbed and GREAT NEWS...it came back as 9.4. But then to my horror, on the CGC blue label was these words: "Reprints Bone #1". I'm stunned. I just make a terrible mistake in getting a reprint slabbed? I'm not sure what to say....does anyone know for sure this book is an original or a reprint? There is nothing on it anywhere that says Reprint and inside the book where it usually says stuff like that, it just says, "BONE #1". (of course i can't check again because it is slabbed) I haven't called CGC yet, but I'm wondering what to do....any opinions are welcome!

Thanks!

Follow the link below to a picture of a CGC'd first print. The "red" logo looks very orange to me, just like your copy.

http://cdn.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_27509/subcat_95173/bone1cgc.jpg

You have a rare mislabeled bone #1 reprint first print, keep it mislabeled. Perhaps sometime in the future mislabeled slabs will be in vogue. ;)

:-) I have to keep my 9.4 slab in 10.0 condition though! Not sure what a 9.4 slab on a 9.4 book would bring in the future mislabeled slab category!

Hey folks!

Well, I had this book slabbed and GREAT NEWS...it came back as 9.4. But then to my horror, on the CGC blue label was these words: "Reprints Bone #1". I'm stunned. I just make a terrible mistake in getting a reprint slabbed? I'm not sure what to say....does anyone know for sure this book is an original or a reprint? There is nothing on it anywhere that says Reprint and inside the book where it usually says stuff like that, it just says, "BONE #1". (of course i can't check again because it is slabbed) I haven't called CGC yet, but I'm wondering what to do....any opinions are welcome!

Thanks!

Follow the link below to a picture of a CGC'd first print. The "red" logo looks very orange to me, just like your copy.

http://cdn.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_27509/subcat_95173/bone1cgc.jpg

Awesome! Yet another confirmation. I have verified that mine is a first print and this just adds evidence. I now have the book boxed up and ready to send back! Thanks for the help everyone!