• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Comic suppliers are the best and grade accurately?

39 posts in this topic

*******edit.....thread was formerly: WARNING!!!....Not for young viewers.*******

OK guys.....I've heard that Metropolis is a pretty accurate grader on the comics they sell.

Who are some of the other big suppliers that grade accurately?

And, do they have fair prices?

Please provide website addresses for them if one is available.

Thanks.

Metropolis got trashed here recently (even before CI's spoof of the petrified-butter anti-pedigree grin.gif ) but I've found them to be very good. But understand I don't go for that ultra-high grade stuff.

If you're at all interested in lower-grade Golden Age, check out

tomorrowstreasures.com

He does a good job of fully disclosing restoration (and he has a lot of such books shocked.gif ). I've also purchased from

fourcolorcomics.com

some time ago, but seems their inventory is getting depleted.

Cheers,

Z.

Here is a few sellers that I can think of...

-"heroes-world" advertised NM- received as VF/NM

-"texasgolfer" advertised a lot of 12 books as NM all received as NM- and one being VF/NM

That's about as much as you can ask for on ebay. Like everyone else on here, i'm sure we all have a good amount of grossly overgraded that was purchased off of ebay. I have a few other good graders, but I don't "remember."

grin.gif

Or how about loisandclark ?

I havn't purchased from either of these sellers. The seller "jasons-auctions" appears to be a tight grader, if you read his auction descriptions and some of the feedback people have left. One of the few sellers where I read feedback like "better than expected", and "that is what I call conservative grading". The seller "loisandclark" looks promising too.

Jasons-auctions is a great grader. Very conservative and is usually right on. I met him in person to buy some Marvel Team-ups from him and his NM's were flawless. Greggy buys from "loisandclark" a lot but I have't tried them yet since they mainly have DC's

I just got back into collecting recently for the first time since I was a kid and have bought some CGC graded stuff off of eBay. Purchased a little raw stuff from eBay as well, but it's such a shoot and is overgraded more times than it's not. I just ordered my first raw book from a dealer (Metropolis) since I was a kid ordering stacks of stuff from Mile High (when they were the main game in town). I'm anxious to see the book from Metropolis so I can see firsthand how they do.