• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC SS - UK Programme

24 posts in this topic

Once more. There is a legality that prevents CGC hiring UK nationals to work in the UK.anyone outside NA.

From what i understand it lies in the inability to legally hold a non-NA witness to accountability in the event of fraud.

Yes I should have said outside of North America, but seeing as the conversation was pointed solely towards the UK I just used that.

Well then what about a guarantee? I am sure that for each slabbed book out there there is a alot of notes that go with it, including the 2 graders, the pre grader, who received the book, who authorized the signature and such. Then it would be a matter of a person or company who is willing to do so do a deposit of money.

So say for example, I was to be a CGC SS witness. I would deposit £XX.XXGBP in a bank account. I would perform whatever duties I had to for a minimum of 1 year. If there were no occurring issues within 6 months of the last time I acted as a witness I would receive the money back. If there were any issues, then CGC could keep the money, and the witness could be "black listed". To apply to be a witness, one would have to sign a form stating that whatever information given was correct and not deemed unlawful towards the terms that CGC states for their Signature Series programme, with an accompanying passport for back reference. If however no issues would occur CGC would give back the same amount of money or even instead that money could be used towards credit for CGC Fee's (IE:Slabbing, re-slabbing). Obviously if any problem did occur that credit would become NULL. I know whatever amount of money doesn't sound that much when it comes in regards to fraud issues which actually affects the companies name and reputation.