• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman Family 1962

35 posts in this topic

I just bought a book that completes a longtime quest for me, every "box 12" issue of all seven Superman family books. For whatever reason, Adventure 297 became the last to acquire. A cover I really like with a great Lana Lang cover.

1962 is my birth year, and I really like these issues as they kind of stand out. I started this project about 25 years ago!

th_adv291.jpgth_adv292.jpgth_adv293.jpgth_adv294.jpgth_adv295.jpg

th_adv296.jpgth_adv297cgc.jpgth_adv298.jpgth_adv299.jpgth_adv300.jpg

th_adv301.jpgth_adv302.jpgth_adv303.jpg

Congrats! (worship)

What a nice collection! Doesn't hurt that these are some of the best stories and art, too. I had to check and make sure I had that Adventure 297, Whew! I think you've renewed my love of that square 12 cent year and a bit. When I have more time tonight!

You've made it easy to look for them, great scans! :applause:

Congratulations! There is something totally wonderful about the big box 12 cent books - they're the heart and soul of DC silver age, and I appreciate how difficult it was to put that run together (in lovely grade, no less!).

I'm working to get all the DC Big Five War big box 12 centers, and it is a tough tough get.

Nice job!

Shep

Very nice.

The extra Superman logo on Superman 157- was that a one time thing? I never noticed it before.

You know...I really don't know the story behind that, it isn't the same month as Superhombre either:

th_adv304.jpg