• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you MARVEL or DC?

MARVEL VS DC  

447 members have voted

1. 1. MARVEL VS DC

104 posts in this topic

And you base this off which DC books you read consistently over the years? Spidey always had the same problems, ASM storylines are like having 6 different labels on the same product. X-Men dealt with race issues, Adams did a much better job in Green Lantern. FF had a chance, but again constant rehash of the same stories. SGT.fury was cool, Sgt Rock is better by far. Kid Colt vs. Jonah Hex maybe?? I can keep going if you like.

Snow men, rainbow creatures, spankings, Lois punching out Superman, bat-everything (toothpaste,floss,toilet paper-you name it)....from the 1940's to the early 1970's it was about as silly as a publisher could be.

Don't get me wrong, I read DC as a kid, as did many others....they were just not my flavor after about the age of 8 or 9.

Roy about summed it up, decades of some of the dumbest covers I have ever seen that made me cringe and look for something else to buy. Early DC Spectre, and pre-Robin Bats stuff was great and then they quickly went in the toliet and never looked back.