• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When do you give negatives on shipping prices?..

42 posts in this topic

seller charged me $6 for shipping, originally quoted me $5 before I hit the bin... package comes in says 3.05 on the shipping cost .... What should I give for feedback?..

(shrug)

If shipping and handling is listed as 6.00 and you agree to it (by bidding on the item), you have no right to disagree over any of the conditions of the listing, just like he has no right to change it either.

I don't know how the item was shipped, but handling charges include bubble wrap, packing peanuts, labor, and in some cases the box it was shipped in.

If you just want to pay postage and nothing else, don't expect proper packaging. The guy might just stick the postage right on the slab and be done with it. Ask Brian Koyama.

I'm dealing with a similar situation with 2 dealers. I bought 5 books (odd paperback/TPBs) off one ebay seller named fun4sale1952. After buying the books individually via BIN I asked him about combining shipping costs. The seller agreed. He charged me $20.96 for shipping for USPS First Class Mail International, and an additional $10.99 for USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope. When the package arrive I see postage paid was $10.88. Looking on USPS website it appears the envelope was free?

The seller did put all 5 books into the envelope, there are a couple pieces of cardboard on both sides and a bit of Styrofoam to keep the books from sliding around (plus there is a Fragile/Do Not Bend stamp on it). So the books did arrive just fine. But I'm not too pleased at being charged what appears to be $20 extra for shipping.

And he left a note with the packages asking for a 5 star rating on shipping, saying even putting 4 stars hurts him.

The other dealer (ebay id: intergalactic) put 3 books in a manila envelope with nothing extra inside and charged me $15 for the shipping. The postage from Stamps.com does not show how much they paid for the shipping. They did ship it First Class Mail International Parcel via USPS and they were shipping from Florida (zip 32750). Using the calculator on USPS website, it appears he might have paid $6.77, but I'm not sure. The other dealer is much closer so I suspect he paid more but I'm not sure how to find out for sure.

I'm not a stickler for exact shipping prices, I know that envelopes, packing material, etc.. all cost money. I'm okay with a dealer charging a bit more than what the price on the label says, especially if they've packed it well. But I'm not seeing it in these cases.