• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VERY LIMITED Jae Lee Signature Series sketch cover opportunity!

53 posts in this topic

Yknow...I am so happy that people came to Brian's defense in this thread....I mean...I can totally see why some people might think, at this price, its crazy to take part of this opp...

But, in reality, what Brian is doing is an act of great unselfishness...I am very privileged to know how much these artists charge for sketches like this...I HOPE Brian does not mind me saying this...but he is really not making any money with this deal...MOST former witnesses dont make that much money with this kind of Opp...and when you factor in how much leg work to be done with things like this....its a losing effort...

So one might ask that immortal question...No...not who let the dogs out? But why is he doing this?

Simple...he cares that much about Signature Series and helping out the boards...No...not trying to blow smoke under anyone butt...its just the truth...

Some people do realize how amazing it is getting original sketches from these two guys...like so many others have said...these guys DONT do shows...DONT do sketch lists at shows....I guess the ultimate compliment is that both sketch opps sold out and one needs to add more spots..and I think that will sell out!

Another thing that needs to be brought up...when people mention CGC SIGNATURE SERIES...the sad reality is...that it will cost more.... creators in the "KNOW" about SS will always assume that these will be resold and they are trying to protect themselves....I know its not always true and that this is what SS collectors need to deal with...but thats the way it goes these days.....

I understand some people are concerned as to the quality of the sketch. I have been working on this and am comfortable they won't be doodles, but please please DO NOT take part in this opportunity if you already think you are going to be disappointed. There are plenty of other people that can appreciate the opportunity for what it is.

When Jae Lee did a Captain America head sketch for me back in 2009, it was pretty detailed for a head sketch. I would show it off in this thread, but someone's signature is covering up the middle of the sketch, so a pic wouldn't be that helpful. But I think that a Jae Lee "quick" head sketch will be nicer than you expect.

And, I gotta say, I agree with the other comment that lining up this opp is probably not a money making opp for BK. This and his other opps are nothing but HIGH HIGH QUALITY, so once again, Brian, congrats and good job!

Hey Brain,

DF is currently offering Jae Lee head sketches on their website for $75. Could you please comment as to whether or not this will be the quality of sketches we are receiving. I understand that you have already commented on the quality of work to be expect but in light of this I was hoping you could touch bases and determine just exactly what we can be expecting.

This is what is shown on DF's website:

C116429.jpg

I would have loved to have participated in both of these opportunities, but the timing just isn't there for me right now. Between the holidays taking up my money and missing out on them because I haven't had the time, it just doesn't work for me right now.

:sorry:

Hey Brain,

DF is currently offering Jae Lee head sketches on their website for $75. Could you please comment as to whether or not this will be the quality of sketches we are receiving. I understand that you have already commented on the quality of work to be expect but in light of this I was hoping you could touch bases and determine just exactly what we can be expecting.

This is what is shown on DF's website:

C116429.jpg

Monkey Brains

Yknow...I am so happy that people came to Brian's defense in this thread....I mean...I can totally see why some people might think, at this price, its crazy to take part of this opp...

But, in reality, what Brian is doing is an act of great unselfishness...I am very privileged to know how much these artists charge for sketches like this...I HOPE Brian does not mind me saying this...but he is really not making any money with this deal...MOST former witnesses dont make that much money with this kind of Opp...and when you factor in how much leg work to be done with things like this....its a losing effort...

So one might ask that immortal question...No...not who let the dogs out? But why is he doing this?

Simple...he cares that much about Signature Series and helping out the boards...No...not trying to blow smoke under anyone butt...its just the truth...

Some people do realize how amazing it is getting original sketches from these two guys...like so many others have said...these guys DONT do shows...DONT do sketch lists at shows....I guess the ultimate compliment is that both sketch opps sold out and one needs to add more spots..and I think that will sell out!

Another thing that needs to be brought up...when people mention CGC SIGNATURE SERIES...the sad reality is...that it will cost more.... creators in the "KNOW" about SS will always assume that these will be resold and they are trying to protect themselves....I know its not always true and that this is what SS collectors need to deal with...but thats the way it goes these days.....

I didn't read this because the only thing I thought of was 'I wonder if Cosimo sent Brian that sketch that I gave him such a hard time about at NY?'

now I will go back and read this post