• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ho..Ho...Ho! Santa Jive's Huge Holiday Slab Sale...GA/SA/BA *CLOSED* Thanks!

214 posts in this topic

Yep, its that time again. The Holidays. A chance to reflect on the year that's been, spend time with love ones, and take a few days to through several boxes of certified books and figure out what I really want to keep.

So, from today and through the New Year, I will be posting slabs in this thread, many at my "bottom-line" prices in hopes of clearing out a few books.

The Rules are as follows:

- :takeit: rules all. If someone wants it at the advertised price, that trumps any negotiations in PM.

- Time payment arrangements up to 3 months are fine. Please PM me to work out specifics. Please do not post the :takeit: if you plan on paying over time, without consulting me first.

- Checks, MOs, are preferred. Paypal is fine too.

- If a book is known to have been Pressed, it will be noted with an enclosed asterisk (*).

- Trade offers are welcome. I collect HG Schomburg covers, and will have some interest in certified HG FFs too. PM me what you have, and we can go from there.

- Slabs will include books I've personally submitted to CGC, those obtained through auction houses, eBay, and other venues. Some will be first time offers, some will be old friends that seem attached to me at the hip.

- Back cover scans are available on request. Please PM me if required.

- Shipping will be $7 for one slab within the US, or $11 for 2-4 (which can safely fit in a Priority Mail Flat Rate box). Insurance for orders over $200 is mandatory, and at the buyer's expense.

- I will happily ship International to our friends in the UK, Australia, and even to our neighbors in Canada. Other locations will be considered. Please PM me for a shipping quote, or you can use the Shipping calculator at USPS.com for a better idea.

And so without further adieu, let's list some books.

9). Journey into Mystery # 70 (CGC 9.0 OW). $1,200.

Many of us are prone to hyperbole in our sales threads, but this book is truely deserving of every adjective I can think of. It is legitimately 'rare' in high grade, standing as the highest graded copy. This book is also a Prototype issue, featuring a proto-Sandman character. The ultimate for the pre-hero collector.

Bought this book on a whim earlier this year, so the price in GPA is what I paid. Bascially want to pass it along at cost.

JIM70cgc90f.jpg