• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte Mini-Con Saturday January 22nd

27 posts in this topic

I've recently picked up the following books and will have at the show Saturday

Hulk #181

Green Lantern #76

Green Lantern #9 (two copies)

Giant Size X-Men #1

X-Men #94

Spidey #300

Transformers #76,77,79 and #80

Werewolf by Night #32

Fight #31

Wings #88 and #91

Power Comics #2

and

Archie #50

Attended the show today and had a great time looking at comics and talking to some of the dealers. The Palmer Building provides a great atmosphere for this small con. I snapped a few pix and thought I'd share...

building.jpg

The Palmer building

pony.jpg

Shelton, the great innovator, provided pony rides for the kids outside the building. No one riding here, but there were quite a few young ones having a great time.*

000_0102.jpg

Chris Foss, hard at work.

000_0108.jpg

000_0106.jpg

000_0107.jpg

crowds.jpg

Crowd shots

ds.jpg

David Shankle had some nice books, as usual.

comics.jpg

Shelton had some nice GA books.

sd.jpg

Shelton Drum.

A great show, as usual. I am lucky to live in a city that has so many great shows during the year. Between this show and Rick's (capt. comics) quarterly one day shows, not to mention the yearly Heroes con, there's always another con just around the corner.

:banana::banana::banana:

— Rick

* I don't really think Shelton had anything to do with the pony rides, but I didn't ask him, so, who knows.

Attended the show today and had a great time looking at comics and talking to some of the dealers. The Palmer Building provides a great atmosphere for this small con. I snapped a few pix and thought I'd share...

building.jpg

The Palmer building

pony.jpg

Shelton, the great innovator, provided pony rides for the kids outside the building. No one riding here, but there were quite a few young ones having a great time.*

000_0102.jpg

Chris Foss, hard at work.

000_0108.jpg

000_0106.jpg

>>>Local dealer Nick Reid and another good friend and local collector Eric Bussey standing in front with the blue coat

000_0107.jpg

>>>Dealers Mario Russo and Brett Carreras(Richmond Comicon)

crowds.jpg

>>>Dealers David Burns(Comics-n-ERB) in the green t-shirt and green cap, Bob Cunningham behind him and me across from Bob, with a black t-shirt and my back to the camera.

Crowd shots

ds.jpg

David Shankle had some nice books, as usual.<<< he always does (thumbs u

comics.jpg

Shelton had some nice GA books.<<< yes he does

sd.jpg

Shelton Drum.

A great show, as usual. I am lucky to live in a city that has so many great shows during the year. Between this show and Rick's (capt. comics) quarterly one day shows, not to mention the yearly Heroes con, there's always another con just around the corner.

:banana::banana::banana:

— Rick

* I don't really think Shelton had anything to do with the pony rides, but I didn't ask him, so, who knows.

Thanks Rick...............added a few details to the photos

and thanks for the kind words. Yes we do have some great shows in our area. Always have :headbang: