• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte Mini-Con Saturday January 22nd

27 posts in this topic

Show report

Huge crowd...............especially up until about 3pm

Heard some people complaining about having a hard time finding a parking place as there are three lots, but all three are small. Shelton probably needs to see about trying to find another place for parking. There is a huge medical building across the street, maybe there?

Sales were good, not spectacular but acceptable.

Notable sales were Walking Dead #3, #5 and #18, Batman #222 and #227, Detective #359, Fast Willie Jackson #1, some Classics, some Eeries and Creepys, some silver and bronze Daredevils, and a few westerns.

Bought a nice stack of silver and gold books from Brett Carreras, including a very nice copy of Metal Men #1 and a Spidey #129. My good friend and co-promoter of the Charlotte Comicon, Dave Hinson had just picked up a run of later Sensations and I bought all but a few from him.

Hope the upcoming year is as good as the last few months of 2010 :wishluck:

This was one of our best 1-day shows in 5 years. No foolin'!

Somehow Shelton manages to get more "wantlist collectors" per capita than any other promoter I have met.

Glad to see so many friendly collectors and fans. I am also glad the show ran a bit longer, at 5pm...The foot traffic was steady up until 4:30pm.

Most 1-day shows have vendors who break down early because sales are soft...not at this show. Just what we needed in January!

-Brett

BrettsComicPile.com