• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know who has the CGC graded 1939 RUDOLPH ?

28 posts in this topic

It's not a comic, and I do not think it's rare either. They printed 2 and a half million. There is also a second printing from the 40's. I have seen them on eBay considerably cheaper. Christmas is probably not the right time to buy this.

Is this it on eBay?

link

Thanks for the link. (worship) That must be the book as there is only one listed in the census! hm What did he/she do to the slab? :o

When I clicked on the link and looked at that book I knew I had seen one just recently. So I called my mom (who lives about 5 miles away) and verified that she has a copy of that same book. She also has a copy of the 50 year anniversary edition. I'm picking them up tomorrow morning and will post scans of them sometime tomorrow afternoon. (thumbs u

Unfortunately, her copy is a beater (see below) AND it's not the original. The elves are not helping Santa load the sleigh and the plane shown is a 4-engine plane instead of the 3-engine plane in the original. This must be the 1940's reprint that Silver just mentioned. hm

Rudolph1.jpg

Rudolph1back.jpg

I've also attached scans of the 50-year anniversary reproduction copy that she has. It (the reproduction) does clearly show the elves helping Santa load the sleigh and the 3-engine plane.

Rudolph2.jpg

Rudolph2back.jpg

Any guesses on what the 1940's version is worth? Probably not a whole lot I imagine, especially in that condition.