• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Question

57 posts in this topic

If someone puts in an offer to buy something, and in the terms box writes that his offer is with shipping. The seller hits accept and send and invoice now with shipping. I told him my offer was with shipping. He says he doesnt care what the terms box states and he would not accept anything with shipping included cause the item would be too cheap then. Now he has put me up as non payment with ebay?/?

Whats your take on the terms box? if he accepted my offer with terms how can he now charge my shipping and put me in for non payment?

It is still a terrible move for the seller to accept your price and disregard your comment in the note section.

Not necessarily, he could easily have overlooked it.

In the future you should make a smaller offer to counter the shipping price. Otherwise the seller will have to pay 100% of the fees INCLUDING the shipping. Example: If the item is $100 BUY IT NOW with a Best Offer, and the shipping is $12, and you will pay $75 TOTAL, then offer $63. The seller may not take it (but you never know), but at least you will be paying the total price you would have offered and desired and there should be no surprises.

This is the response after I pointed out to him that I said the offer terms said that shipping be included ...

I don't need to read anything,the BEST OFFER status is for the item only! I do not negotiate shipping charges!Don't make it look like i can't read,you just thought you would get it for nothing. $40 shipped,gimme a break.

I cannot make any changes and i don't have time to play games.

Have a Happy New Year!

yeah you made a mistake. I have sold stuff and accepted terms where you could tell they were reducing their amount to include the shipping. I would take it as a lesson learned and swallow the shipping cost if its something you really want and can't find elsewhere.

and never buy from that seller again.

This is the response after I pointed out to him that I said the offer terms said that shipping be included ...

I don't need to read anything,the BEST OFFER status is for the item only! I do not negotiate shipping charges!Don't make it look like i can't read,you just thought you would get it for nothing. $40 shipped,gimme a break.

I cannot make any changes and i don't have time to play games.

Have a Happy New Year!

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/best-offer.html

For listings in which the seller has specified shipping costs for the item, the Best Offer price includes only the listed item. For listings in which the shipping costs aren't specified, the buyer can choose to include shipping costs in their offer.

The seller did nothing really do anything wrong. You should have looked up the details about using this option. If he didn't specify shipping you may have a case with ebay.

yeah you made a mistake. I have sold stuff and accepted terms where you could tell they were reducing their amount to include the shipping. I would take it as a lesson learned and swallow the shipping cost if its something you really want and can't find elsewhere.

If you do decide to go through with this transaction you might consider leaving a negative and a good explanation (with what little room you get). This seller SHOULD cancel the transaction instead of trying to strong arm you into this because he choose to ignore your offer in the notes.

If you do decide to go through with this transaction you might consider leaving a negative and a good explanation (with what little room you get). This seller SHOULD cancel the transaction instead of trying to strong arm you into this because he choose to ignore your offer in the notes.

The seller has done nothing wrong as nocutename has posted above. Leaving a negative for this would be sour grapes, admittedly his email could have been worded nicer but, again, he's done nothing wrong.

The seller has done nothing wrong as nocutename has posted above. Leaving a negative for this would be sour grapes, admittedly his email could have been worded nicer but, again, he's done nothing wrong.

He did do something wrong...he accepted the transaction after reading the notes. It may not be in the eBay handbook, but it was ethically wrong. He should have declined, countered, or emailed. The OP did make a mistake as well, but the seller would have been out nothing if he just canceled the transaction, got his fees back, and relisted it. Had he not seen the notes, then maybe...but he had admitted to seeing them beforehand.

He said he say the note and doesnt care what is written there.

this is where he admitted to it i guess.

Considering the email he sent has been posted, he admitted to no such thing.