• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Question

57 posts in this topic

i think the email admits to some culpability about the note. i think you are getting to hung up on this though. the seller comes off as an .

I did a BIN and realized afterwards the shipping was from canada and I asked to cancel item, which was done no problem.

yeah that was the bs move by the seller, to knowingly accept the offer and ignoring the note.

Where does he admit to ignoring the note?

Here is the note posted by the OP:

I don't need to read anything,the BEST OFFER status is for the item only! I do not negotiate shipping charges!Don't make it look like i can't read,you just thought you would get it for nothing. $40 shipped,gimme a break.

I cannot make any changes and i don't have time to play games.

Have a Happy New Year!

Even though he doesn't outright say he read it, I think he implies it with the statement in bold. Now that could be up for debate, but it does seem clear he knew about it in some way and at some point. Now that's a seller I'm sure everyone would want to buy from...the ones who don't need to read anything (I would have thought maybe he CAN'T read, but then he states Don't make it look like i can't read).

i think the email admits to some culpability about the note. i think you are getting to hung up on this though. the seller comes off as an .

I did a BIN and realized afterwards the shipping was from canada and I asked to cancel item, which was done no problem.

He doesn't mention anywhere in the email about reading the note and ignoring it. And I'm not getting hung up on anything, what bugs me is somebody recommending leaving him a negative if they complete the transaction because he stuck to his listing's conditions.

Yes he came over as an arse, but if you were the seller you'd probably think the buyer who made offers with little notes in that didn't conform to your listing was an arse too.

He doesn't mention anywhere in the email about reading the note and ignoring it. And I'm not getting hung up on anything, what bugs me is somebody recommending leaving him a negative if they complete the transaction because he stuck to his listing's conditions.

Yes he came over as an arse, but if you were the seller you'd probably think the buyer who made offers with little notes in that didn't conform to your listing was an arse too.

i agree which is why i said to the OP to suck it up and pay up (thumbs u

I would just ignore, counter OR decline the offer.

If you read the note of course you would. So would I. So why would this seller read the note, accept the offer then make an about turn? I think that points to the fact he didn't read it and was quite surprised when it was brought up later on.

If you read the note of course you would. So would I. So why would this seller read the note, accept the offer then make an about turn? I think that points to the fact he didn't read it and was quite surprised when it was brought up later on.

i agree. That's probably what happened.

That's an easy answer...he's an ARSE!

what ever shipping is stated in the auction, thats what it is, was and always will be. the seller is letting you make an offer on the item. buers need to compensate their offer and expect to pay the implied amount ststed for shipping. shipping is not negotiable.

next time you see a item thats 100 + 20 shipping and you want to pay 80 with shipping included, simply offer 60. the bottom line is the same as to what you will own the book for and you will be conducting business as the way the rest of the world does.

This is the response after I pointed out to him that I said the offer terms said that shipping be included ...

I don't need to read anything,the BEST OFFER status is for the item only! I do not negotiate shipping charges!Don't make it look like i can't read,you just thought you would get it for nothing. $40 shipped,gimme a break.

Have a Happy New Year!

Do you have a copy of what you sent him pointing out that your offer terms said that shipping is to be included? (perhaps he somehow missed your note in your original offer and then took offense about how you worded your follow up message??)

I agree with the others who say you should never make offers with shipping included.

That being said, the seller's response was terrible. Simple solution is ignore him and don't pay him. eBay loves buyers and hates sellers, so don't worry, unless you have a long history of not paying for wins eBay will do exactly nothing to you for not paying.

I agree with the others who say you should never make offers with shipping included.

That being said, the seller's response was terrible. Simple solution is ignore him and don't pay him. eBay loves buyers and hates sellers, so don't worry, unless you have a long history of not paying for wins eBay will do exactly nothing to you for not paying.

+1 (thumbs u

Hmmm, over the years I've received a number of offers like this "I'll give you $3, shipping included" on items where I probably would have sold for $3, but not with me eating the shipping (which would be the amount of the offer most of the time), and politely declined them, I should have accepted them and told the buyer he has to follow through and pay shipping! I'm sure that would have done wonders for my feedback.

Something makes me wonder if a seller with this attitude (particularly if your offer doesn't basically result in him giving you the item for free and is within the realm of negotiation from FMV) is going to be selling accurately graded material to start with.

I'm not sure why the buyer is getting any stick here?!? (shrug)

He put in a best offer including shipping. The seller accepted. That's a contract under eBay terms.

OP, you have two options. One, let eBay assess all the info including transaction details and render a decision. Two, email the seller and politely advise him you will pay the S+H above what the best offer contract was, but that feedback will reflect this.

After i recieved my invoice with shipping addedthis is what i sent the seller

Dear seller,

As I stated in my offer, I was willing to purchase 4 boxes for $40 shipped. You accepted the offer but want to have me pay for shipping. That wasnt what was offered and since you do not want to do that than I will not be paying for shipping as part of the deal and am canceling. I will not be taking these items as it is not what I offered. Thank you

- buyer

Sellers response

Dear buyer,

I don't understand why yuou think i would give it to you $40 shipped/ That's like $5 a box.You offer was based on how many boxes(4) you wanted at $10 a box.I don't pay for shipping,you do.$40 shipped does not mean anything to me.It means $40 for the 4 boxes and yes i will ship it,not pay for the shipping.The shipping charges have nothing to do with your best offer wich is for the ITEM ONLY!

Sorry,but that's how it is,you should not try to change the game on me.Next time,don't bid.

$40 + 23 shipping to your location ,you pay or not?

I have to submit non-payer alert with ebay,i don't have time for this.

- seller

Dear seller,

The notes box when making an offer is there for a reason. To make it clear what the offer is. I offered $40 shipped for 4 boxes. Now if you do not want to sell it for that then do not. I did not offer or say anything different than anyone else can do. You wanted to know if I was going to take the boxes with $23 shipping I stated no, as that was not my original offer. Now you want to threaten me with a non payment claim. This is ridiculas. You accepeted the offer than say notes in the offer box means nothing to you. Maybe you read more carefully before accepting offers .

buyer

Dear buyer,

Have a Happy New Year!

- seller