• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vintage Cover art Sale 1940s - 1960s!

35 posts in this topic

Hi there

This past year has seen me streamline my collection.

My goals have mostly been acheived, but there are about a dozen or so vintage covers (1940s - 1960s) still available for a short time.

I'll be posting scans of the covers, together with asking prices shortly.

I live in the United Kingdom. Payment would have to be via an International Wire Transfer.

With the exception of the WEIRD SCIENCE cover, artwork can also be bought, if you prefer, via my third-party agent in America, Mike Burkey (RomitamanArt).

Mike might consider trade, if it works in his favor (though that applies to Mike - not me!).

Listing as follows (scans will appear in separate posts):

CAPTAIN ATOM # 80 (3rd issue) by Steve Ditko - $40,000

WEIRD SCIENCE #13 (2nd issue) by Al Feldstein - $23,000

FRONTLINE COMBAT # 4 by Harvey Kurtzman - $21,000

CRIME ILLUSTRATED # 1 by Joe Orlando - $20,000

WAR AGAINST CRIME # 5 by Johnny Craig - $7,500

GUNFIGHTER # 6 (2nd issue) by Johnny Craig - $7,000

BATTLE ACTION # 3 by Russ Heath - $10,000

DANGER # 7 by Don Heck - $2,750

THUNDERBIRDS by Frank Bellamy - $1,600

WARFRONT # 15 by Lee Elias - $1,000

TEXAS RANGERS IN ACTION # 67 by Rocke Mastroserio - $1,000

BATTLE STORIES # 10 by unknown artist - $900

BILLY THE KID # 73 by Jose Delbo - $900

TWISTED # 1 (unpublished) by Kurt Schaffenberger - $750

KONA # 19 (unpublished) by Sam Glanzman - $750

OKLAHOMA KID # 4 by unknown artist - $500

Hi there

This past year has seen me streamline my collection.

My goals have mostly been acheived, but there are about a dozen or so vintage covers (1940s - 1960s) still available for a short time.

I'll be posting scans of the covers, together with asking prices shortly.

I live in the United Kingdom. Payment would have to be via an International Wire Transfer.

With the exception of the WEIRD SCIENCE cover, artwork can also be bought, if you prefer, via my third-party agent in America, Mike Burkey (RomitamanArt).

Mike might consider trade, if it works in his favor (though that applies to Mike - not me!).

Listing as follows (scans will appear in separate posts):

CAPTAIN ATOM # 80 (3rd issue) by Steve Ditko - $40,000

WEIRD SCIENCE #13 (2nd issue) by Al Feldstein - $23,000

FRONTLINE COMBAT # 4 by Harvey Kurtzman - $21,000

CRIME ILLUSTRATED # 1 by Joe Orlando - $20,000

WAR AGAINST CRIME # 5 by Johnny Craig - $7,500

GUNFIGHTER # 6 (2nd issue) by Johnny Craig - $7,000

BATTLE ACTION # 3 by Russ Heath - $10,000

DANGER # 7 by Don Heck - $2,750

THUNDERBIRDS by Frank Bellamy - $1,600

WARFRONT # 15 by Lee Elias - $1,000

TEXAS RANGERS IN ACTION # 67 by Rocke Mastroserio - $1,000

BATTLE STORIES # 10 by unknown artist - $900

BILLY THE KID # 73 by Jose Delbo - $900

TWISTED # 1 (unpublished) by Kurt Schaffenberger - $750

KONA # 19 (unpublished) by Sam Glanzman - $750

OKLAHOMA KID # 4 by unknown artist - $500

All scans now uploaded - e-mail me if anything of interested, thanks.

As a quick P.S., sorry about the SPAM on the Original Art, Gold and Silver Forums.

I confess to not fully reading all the site rules and regulations before posting my 'heads up' on these forums.

Despite having a post heading that made clear my intentions, listers were ready and willing to read this SPAM and take great pleasure in complaining (one azz-hole even posted a 'eating popcorn' smiley . . . didn't approve of the SPAM, but was happy to sit back and hope for the entertainment of exchanges).

Another lister was quick to educate me (over-REACT-ing?), saying how much he almost enjoyed looking at original art as he did the comic-book equivalent (bit like saying you enjoyed looking at Blu-Ray movies, but preferred good old VHS-quality tapes - considering original art is the the finest representation of a comic-book produced image).

Considering the Gold, Silver (and most other) forums mostly consist of threads were listers post images of comic-book covers (and enthuse about the grading/condition), I'm kinda surprised that few are even interested in looking at images posted of the artists' physical artwork (you don't have to buy anything from me - heck, just look at the purdy scans I posted on the main threads I gave the 'heads up' to . . . ).

Sincere apologies to all offended parties.

I only hope you don't send the lynch mob out to me for this ultra-serious crime . . .