• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lena Headey (Queen Gorgo from 300) Cast as Villain ''MA-MA'' in ''DREDD''

29 posts in this topic

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/showthread.php?33290-Lena-Headey-Gets-Chief-Villain-Role-In-Judge-Dredd-Movie

Who better to square up against the Mighty Joe Dredd than Sarah Connor herself, Lena Headey. Okay, she's more a Sarah Connor than the Sarah Connor, but I still think she's an interesting choice.

The role is that of Madeline Madrigal, aka Ma-Ma. In the Dredd -script she's described as a woman in her late fifties or early sixties with a big scar through her cheek and lip. I can imagine they'll just ignore the first part of that description, and the only make up Ms. Headey will be subject to will provide the scar tissue but not age her.

Ma-Ma is the leader of a gang who over run the Peach Tree City Block. Almost all of the film takes place here, an extended action sequence not too dissimilar, I guess, to the Die Hard paradigm.

The casting has not been officially announced yet but I'd heard about it, and then it turned up on a Dredd fansite with a rock-solid track record, so I'm going to roll with it. They say she started work on the picture last week.

Don't forget our previous posts filled with images from the film's set. This is not your grandfather's Judge Dredd. No. Especially not if your grandfather is Danny Cannon or Sylvester Stallone.

she's very attractive, but in a mature, adult, way. she's pushing 40 (ok, 37).
That's a problem?

For Drokk's sake she's playing the main villain in this move.

Her character is in control of a whole 200 floor block with thousands of perps at her command!

What do you want her to look, 16? (shrug)