• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Classics Inc offers on-site pressing in conjunction w/CGC on-site grading

414 posts in this topic

Not really a first. CFP Comics will be doing it at the Philly show.

Faster.

Cheaper.

Just as good.

& better looking, too.

Are you sure about this? Cheaper maybe. No knock on Joey, but I've been doing this way longer than anybody. We'll also be able to press any type of book brought to us, regardless of the grade. This is going to be a full operation in Chicago. My entire crew and equipment will be there. We've been planning this for quite a while.

I would have to agree with Matt on this for Golden Age books. He does have the longer track record. Now Silver, Bronze and Copper we would go into extra rounds over. Once you press 10,000 or more books you tend to know what you are doing.

It doesn't stop at 10,000 books, or even 100,000. I'm still adapting new techniques every year...it's not something that you learn, and then you're done. Every year is improvement over the last. Six years ago? Forget it, that's archaic.

So what would you say the ballpark figure of books you've pressed is? Are you saying above that you've pressed over 100,000 books?

I think he was being metaphorical, shill.

Why's that? Joeypost said he's pressed 10,000 comics in his relatively short time in business. Matt has been doing it a lot longer than Joeypost (as he said). Doesn't it seem possible that Matt has pressed 10x more books than Joeypost, or does Joeypost just do a lot more business than Matt?

Matt is so big time that he even has a stalker!

??? If asking him to confirm his statement is stalking, your moral compass is wound too tight around your arse, man.

There's like eight layers of boardie knowledge in that one little sentence. Stu?

(shrug)

I will use cfp. I really dont care for the practices of Nelson and WWcomics. And for GA I can use Susan, she has always been a very nice person and knows more than most.

I sent Joe/joeypost/CFP a GA book last week. It is already Sarasota bound.

I will use cfp. I really dont care for the practices of Nelson and WWcomics. And for GA I can use Susan, she has always been a very nice person and knows more than most.

Although I have very few books pressed, with the exception of my AF15, they have all been GA. Joey did an outstanding job on my Phantom Lady 17 and I would not hesitate to give him any of my GA books, if I chose to have them pressed.

What I really appreciated was the professional customer service, the updates and the great work. I never had to contact him and wait for him to get back to me, HE contacted me and it was so fast, I was shocked. :cloud9: This was not the same experience I had with someone else.

He's the kind of person who you know will stand behind his work, and you know if there SHOULD be a problem, he will take care of you and not put the onus on you. He gets 10 stars in my book. :cloud9:

Although I have very few books pressed, with the exception of my AF15, they have all been GA. Joey did an outstanding job on my Phantom Lady 17 and I would not hesitate to give him any of my GA books, if I chose to have them pressed.

What I really appreciated was the professional customer service, the updates and the great work. I never had to contact him and wait for him to get back to me, HE contacted me and it was so fast, I was shocked. :cloud9: This was not the same experience I had with someone else.

He's the kind of person who you know will stand behind his work, and you know if there SHOULD be a problem, he will take care of you and not put the onus on you. He gets 10 stars in my book. :cloud9:

Sharon, I'm assuming the "someone else" you refer to is me. We had a very pleasant conversation at the Forum dinner in Chicago this past August about business between us, and I've always enjoyed talking to you on the phone in the past. You continued making negative posts about me afterwards, and again I tried to get to the bottom of your problem by email, to no avail. Not sure what's bugging you, but let's have it and move on.

Maybe we can get back to the reason this thread was started. And yes, I am going to throw in a shameless plug but what Matt is going to offer in Chicago and what I am going to offer starting in Philly is groundbreaking. While most will not initially take advantage of this many can see the advantages of having pressing and grading available at the same convention

Lets focus on that.

Sharon, I'm assuming the "someone else" you refer to is me. We had a very pleasant conversation at the Forum dinner in Chicago this past August about business between us, and I've always enjoyed talking to you on the phone in the past. You continued making negative posts about me afterwards, and again I tried to get to the bottom of your problem by email, to no avail. Not sure what's bugging you, but let's have it and move on.

Matt,I named no names, you "assumed"

When I had problems with you, I told you exactly what my problems were, you accused me of "complaining".

Why would I want to "have anything out" lol?

I said, I was very pleased with Joey...and I was...period.

Not really a first. CFP Comics will be doing it at the Philly show.

Faster.

Cheaper.

Just as good.

& better looking, too.

Are you sure about this? Cheaper maybe. No knock on Joey, but I've been doing this way longer than anybody. We'll also be able to press any type of book brought to us, regardless of the grade. This is going to be a full operation in Chicago. My entire crew and equipment will be there. We've been planning this for quite a while.

I would have to agree with Matt on this for Golden Age books. He does have the longer track record. Now Silver, Bronze and Copper we would go into extra rounds over. Once you press 10,000 or more books you tend to know what you are doing.

It doesn't stop at 10,000 books, or even 100,000. I'm still adapting new techniques every year...it's not something that you learn, and then you're done. Every year is improvement over the last. Six years ago? Forget it, that's archaic.

Understood. Still does not mean a newbie cannot catch up on the learning curve. Doing something longer is not the only requirement for doing it better.

True, depending on the players involved. Just saying that after doing this 60 hours a week for nearly 10 years, I see now the learning curve stretches much farther out then I ever imagined. It's certainly not something that someone can master in a short amount of time.

Matt;

Something much more important! lol

Can you tell us how many hours a week for the past few years you have been working on your long promised pedigree book? :baiting:

Actually since I rent space to Matt at shows I am going to have Joey on the other end. I'm providing one stop shopping. Buy the raw material and you can shop with whoever has the smaller line.

BTW my new company name is Quickpressno's

Anybody who badmouth's my new company in this thread let them be warned that I have an attorney on retainer to SLAPP them with a lawsuit.

Actually since I rent space to Matt at shows I am going to have Joey on the other end. I'm providing one stop shopping. Buy the raw material and you can shop with whoever has the smaller line.

BTW my new company name is Quickpressno's

Anybody who badmouth's my new company in this thread let them be warned that I have an attorney on retainer to SLAPP them with a lawsuit.

spock-2.jpg

Matt,I named no names, you "assumed"

When I had problems with you, I told you exactly what my problems were, you accused me of "complaining".

Why would I want to "have anything out" lol?

I said, I was very pleased with Joey...and I was...period.

Actually, no Sharon, you didn't tell me exactly what the problem was, which is why I'm asking now. I thought we were cool after the dinner, so why still grinding an axe?

Matt;

Something much more important! lol

Can you tell us how many hours a week for the past few years you have been working on your long promised pedigree book? :baiting:

Massive push with Stephen the two years prior to 3/08. Then we open Worldwide Comics, then he moves to Dallas a few months later. At that point everything grinded to a halt. We finally got our heads above water after last summer's season, and hatched a plan to get this book done.

Wait until you see the new site.