• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

150 posts in this topic

My first CGC Signature Series book, signed by Stan Lee. :grin:

AmazingAdultFantasy_10_SS_5-0.jpg

Now I think that is some great Signature placement. :applause:

A blind squirrel finds a nutt every once in a while...

:roflmao:

Mine is Alisa Zinov'yevna Rosenbaum. She ecsaped the Bolshevik revolution and its attempted destruction of the individual. She dedicated the rest of her life to fight for the freedom of all people and warn against the evils of oppression.

I'm on page 488 of The Fountainhead.

I am struggling with the conflict between my worldview and hers. It overlaps in many places, but sharply contrasts in others. It is brilliant, regardless.

The dialogue between Wynand and Dominique is incredibly clever and witty at times.

Thought you might appreciate that. ;)

Mine is Alisa Zinov'yevna Rosenbaum. She ecsaped the Bolshevik revolution and its attempted destruction of the individual. She dedicated the rest of her life to fight for the freedom of all people and warn against the evils of oppression.

I am struggling with the conflict between my worldview and hers. It overlaps in many places, but sharply contrasts in others. It is brilliant, regardless.

The dialogue between Wynand and Dominique is incredibly clever and witty at times.

:foryou:

Thank you.

Or she was a fascistic lunatic with a naive, yet amazingly dangerous, worldview understandably brought about by her trauma. :baiting:

Just sayin'... :/

Power to the people! Anyone have any food?

Comparing her views against Lennin's and giving the nod to him; I think you are self explanatory.

:whee:

I wouldn't give Lenin the steam off my

But that's how you justify it, isn't it?

If you're not 100% for unfettered and unregulated freedom with zero social responsibility, you're a COMMUNIST. :mad:

I have never claimed or made commitment to any such idea as 100% unregulated freedom with zero social responsibility; EVER. SHold you find note or trace please forward post haste as I will recind my expression.

Ms. Rand is an Objectivist; I am not. She is also an aetheist; I am not. She was a staunch defender of individual rights; I am. I think all people deserve and should have their Rights defended and protected; if you choose to fight against that I can offer no resistance. I cannot even fathom the understanding leading to the ability to succum to tyrannts ruling over us. Be it by force of arms or lawful act of Congress makes no difference to me, the evil in both is plain and harmful, but the rights of the citizen are unalienable and cannot be forsaken: IMHO.

I fully believe and understand that Government serves a very just and worhtwhile cause. It requires of us a levy on property and labor so that it can sustain its goals and Constitutional directives. The limits of such are well documented and laid in stone. I have many times listed the items that I feel are fully justified and required by said government to provide for we the People.

Now what I really see is someone very angry at Avatars and in much need of relieveing their personal anguish and baggage that is verily weighing them down and hampering their spirit and mind. Should you need to unload or fight the conviction please do so; I am here for you. Should you need to consult the fellow members of the Avatar Hate Group I can provide names and we can all discuss in a private PM just what rights a person is due and what rights are Ceasar's.

Until then, I continue to be amazed at the many expression of cheese available in Britain.

lol

How can I argue against that?

We'll have to beg to differ on Rand, but otherwise :foryou:

(thumbs u

On to the cheese tastings!

Mine is from this title page in Preacher. My absolute favorite page in the series and the title is just :cloud9:
Absolutely one of the best splashes in Vertigo history (thumbs u do you own that OA? If so, :o(worship) Let me know first if you ever need to give it a new home, please :gossip:

Thanks. I do own it. It would be the last piece I sell but if I do, I will let you know.

Claudio, I knew where your avatar came from but after checking out that page again...wow. It's amazing! I can see why you would choose it to be your avatar.

:foryou:

Thank you.

I hadn't read the exchange between FT and you, but we have similar views on that matter (giving the nod to Lenin, that is.)

The themes in Fountainhead are beyond sublime. Dominique's testimony at Roark's trial is unbelievable. The world doesn't deserve Roark. Roark deserves the scorn he receives because he dares cast such magnificent pearls before swine.

At times I find myself agreeing with Ellsworth, and I must remind myself that he's "the villain."

I can't help but think that she knew that this book would be widely over the heads of the very audience it was aimed at. I also can't help but think about what I'm missing when it's over mine.

hm