• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Rosa

21 posts in this topic

I have a few books that I am looking to sell and before I put a price on them I was wondering if the fact that they are from the Don Rosa collection but a premium on them at all? Does anyone know is books have sold for a little more having this notation?

I have a few books that I am looking to sell and before I put a price on them I was wondering if the fact that they are from the Don Rosa collection but a premium on them at all? Does anyone know is books have sold for a little more having this notation?

Depends on the title. Typically the DR books dont carry much of a premium unless they are from heavily collected titles. Even then it is minimal compared to a Northland or Oakland.

lol

"They don't sell for a premium." "Oh, by the way, send me a list . . ."

Umm. I said they dont sell for a premium that the Oaklands or Northlands do. And we both know damned well there is a certain run I was trying to build of DR books :baiting:

Depends on the title. Typically the DR books dont carry much of a premium unless they are from heavily collected titles. Even then it is minimal compared to a Northland or Oakland.

That is what I was thinking as well in looking through old sales of the books. It is only a few of them I was looking to sell with a group of others. Thanks for the input.

That is what I was thinking as well in looking through old sales of the books. It is only a few of them I was looking to sell with a group of others. Thanks for the input.

If you have any Defenders 1-30 let me know. Thats the run I was rebuilding. (thumbs u

lol

Umm. I said they dont sell for a premium that the Oaklands or Northlands do. And we both know damned well there is a certain run I was trying to build of DR books :baiting:

Exactly. :baiting:

If you have any Defenders 1-30 let me know. Thats the run I was rebuilding. (thumbs u

Sorry but you are out of luck on that one. It is 'just' a few Bronze Age Wonder Woman books that I will post in the selling forums over the next few days. Again thanks for the input!

Sorry but you are out of luck on that one. It is 'just' a few Bronze Age Wonder Woman books that I will post in the selling forums over the next few days. Again thanks for the input!

If they are high enough grade they may be worth getting graded.

lol

That was a hilarious juxtaposition of comments lol

Yes it was. And I know Pat didn't mean it that way. :foryou:

But it was still damn funny.

If they are high enough grade they may be worth getting graded.

Oh, they are graded. I have a few books to put together and get a thread ready for the weekend. My GPA ran out so I am going to sign up for a new trial account.

lol

That was a hilarious juxtaposition of comments lol

Yes it was. And I know Pat didn't mean it that way. :foryou:

But it was still damn funny.

I didn't take it in the 'bad' way at all but it really was funny. Oh, kudos for using the work juxtaposition which, for some reason, is my favourite work to try and sneak into conversation!

I had heard somewhere that the Don Rosa issues of Defenders 1-30 were bringing tremendous multiples of guide. Those might be the most sought after of the Don Rosa books. This thread seems to support that.

BTW, have you tried Classics Inc.?

This might have just been local rumour (well local for me) but I had heard the the Paradise Comics guy in Toronto bought up a lot of the Don Rose collection when it first surfaced. Is there any truth to that or is it simply a rumour?

This might have just been local rumour (well local for me) but I had heard the the Paradise Comics guy in Toronto bought up a lot of the Dona Rose collection when it first surfaced. Is there any truth to that or is it simply a rumour?

I'm not sure. Steve Wyatt (a Bay Area comic dealer) was the guy who originally sold all of those books. He would be the guy to talk to.