• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Find Me These Books And I'll Eat A Bug ! ! !

61 posts in this topic

I need help finding some books. I'm looking for them either CGC graded 9.2 NM- or higher or in raw form graded at a strict NM or higher (in other words....no P.O.S.'s please). I prefer well centered books with no "cream" page designations. If you have any of these to sell me or can locate them for me, I'll eat a bug (sorry.....I'm not rich.....so eating a bug is the only entertainment I can offer you).

My weird list is as follows:

Hulk # 169 (everyone has their price Clobberintime......what's yours?)

Power Man (Luke Cage) # 18

Iron Man Annual # 4

Superman Family # 175

Yeah....yeah....yeah.......keep laughing fanboys. smile.gif

I want a true CGC quality NM copy and not some piece of you pull from under your couch and wipe the cat off of. smirk.gif

I know it's a piece of book but If I buy it, I'll be the proud owner of a high quality piece of book.

So who has the goods?

Actually, I do have at least one and probably two copies of this stupid looking book! I'll check out which one is better and try to dump it on you! frown.gif

Here is a link to all the Superman Family issues currently on eBay. If I'm not mistaken, the link should not become out of date. I think that the results will be updated as new items appear.

And here is a link to all eBay auctions with Iron Man Annual in the title description.

IMO, your best bet, would be to find a large lot/run/collection with the issues you've listed above included. If you purchase them in a CGC slab, you will probably pay no less than $9.99 + shipping and handling per book. If money is not an issue for you though, then the slab is your best guarentee that you'll get them in the grade desired. If you don't mind "settling" for an overgraded NM in say VF+ condition, then a large lot/run/collection might be the ticket.

Huh? Ricky, have you compared the grades on the guy's list with the grades that CGC gave some of his books? I think that only 2 of the books that he graded NM actually got a 9.4 from CGC. So...who do you think has a better track record? Him or moi? confused.gif

Thanks MOS smile.gif

None of these issues are big money books, so I'll probably stay away from the lot/collection auctions and just go for them in CGC grade or with raw books that are hopefully graded accurately. I really want them in NM grade.

Thanks for the links.....I never thought about doing that.....and I think you're correct that they stay updated. I'll just save these searches in my "favorites" and check them a couple of times a week.

Someone has a nice white paged CGC 9.2 superman family #176 up for auction right now. So close......doh! I coulda knocked one of these off my list real quick if he had the little brother to that one for sale.

I can't believe that greggy wouldn't have a NM copy of Superman Family #175 that he could sell me.