• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Find Me These Books And I'll Eat A Bug ! ! !

61 posts in this topic

The TV show probably got it from Cal Worthington, a car dealer here in Los Angeles whose ads had "I'll eat a bug" in them for years. Things like "I'll eat a bug to sell you a car" and "If I can't make you a deal, I'll eat a bug". Since most TV shows are written here in LA, and that phrase was all over late night TV, I'm guessing it was the real source.

-- Joanna

Ahhhh.......but the question was where did I get it from. I got it from what used to be a VERY popular sitcom. Sorry Joanna......the old CGC trivia forum trick answers won't work on me. grin.gif

Here's another hint: One of the characters in it was a part-time boxer. wink.gif

THAT'S IT...........Louie was needing a lawyer so he goes to the yellow pages and finds an add from one that says something like, "If I can't beat your rap......I'll eat a bug". wink.gif

Joanna's probably right about them getting it from that car dealer. lol....funny stuff.

Sorry Bug. Due to the scans that I have sent, I have failed in providing you with the books in the required grades. frown.gif That is probably why you haven't responded to my EMAIL because you are so disgusted with me! mad.gif

dammit.......and here I had a hankerin' to eat a few bugs.

Are you people trying to tell me that nobody in here has these P.O.S books in NM grade to sell me?

Clobberintime..........I've got my bank account ready..........what would it take to make you lose your death grip on that book? smirk.gif

lol........I gave the threads I started a rating of 5 stars just to see if some punk would downgrade the threads.

Sure enough......some little of a hater came in and took the time to downgrade them all like it really matters. smirk.gif

I now have the satisfaction of knowing I wasted a few seconds of someones pathetic excuse for a life. grin.gif