• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to break up uncanny 143 - 245?

74 posts in this topic

Hey all - thanks for the feedback. This really did help. I agreed with the majority of opinions. I did review most of the story lines on marvel.wikia.com and settled on these

143 - 175, 183, 205 - 213, 232 - 237

That frees up some space.

Although I'm looking at maybe hanging on to the first Mr Sinister appearance (221).

And yeah the Nimrod books leading up to Mutant Massacre were fun reads.

I also have X-men 251 - 253 as I liked the wolverine storyline in that one as well.

Many thanks for all the thoughts!

Told ya so!

Man, this thread is getting me nostalgic for when I rediscovered funny books for the second time. I stopped reading around 1979-80 or so (stopped everything but Byrne X-Men in 79), then in 85-86, I jumped back in. It was an incredibly fun time to be reading new books, as there were lots of higher-end titles, but it hadn't totally turned into an adult-only hobby.

So I could hit the LCS to buy Watchmen and TDK, along with some Marvel staples, and shoot the breeze, yet still see the kids rushing in on Saturday morning to spend their allowance. This is was a great "All Age" period in comics, and probably the best time to be a fan or reader.

And back issues were cheap too!! :preach:

I stopped reading around 1979-80 or so (stopped everything but Byrne X-Men in 79), then in 85-86, I jumped back in.

So right at the beginning of the Copper Age transition period is when you stopped, and then got back in when it was really heating up - sweet time to get back into books. Oddly enough, same here.

Told ya so!

Man, this thread is getting me nostalgic for when I rediscovered funny books for the second time. I stopped reading around 1979-80 or so (stopped everything but Byrne X-Men in 79), then in 85-86, I jumped back in. It was an incredibly fun time to be reading new books, as there were lots of higher-end titles, but it hadn't totally turned into an adult-only hobby.

So I could hit the LCS to buy Watchmen and TDK, along with some Marvel staples, and shoot the breeze, yet still see the kids rushing in on Saturday morning to spend their allowance. This is was a great "All Age" period in comics, and probably the best time to be a fan or reader.

So right at the end of the Bronze Age you quit reading comics and then re-engaged when Copper was in full swing, because everyone knows that 1980 is not Copper.

Told ya so!

So right at the end of the Bronze Age you quit reading comics and then re-engaged when Copper was in full swing, because everyone knows that 1980 is not Copper.

Oh, dat Copper stone was a'rollin' 'round 'sev'ty-nine,

but law, law,

t'was a rollin' t'ru dat Bronze brine,

still and law, law,

dem bones o' Bronze kep' stickin',

law, law,

until bye'n'bye, law, law,

JC 'n' RMA, law, law,

dey's a still pickin', law, law

pickin' dem bones, law, law

Told ya so!

Oh, dat Copper stone was a'rollin' 'round 'sev'ty-nine,

but law, law,

t'was a rollin' t'ru dat Bronze brine,

still and law, law,

dem bones o' Bronze kep' stickin',

law, law,

until bye'n'bye, law, law,

JC 'n' RMA, law, law,

dey's a still pickin', law, law

I don't care what you say, that's just funny.

Pretty well, and I observed and saw, but did not actively partake in the creative, publishing and format changes in 1981 that started the Copper Age movement.

I picked up the odd comic-based magazine during those times, and read the early OS price guides at the library, so I kept abreast, but never got into physically buying comics until years later.