• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need advice, bought from Vondoom

21 posts in this topic

So I catch an auction for a Crow #4, the last book I need to complete a 9.6 set. The only problem is that it is graded by PGX. So I noticed the seller was from OR and it sent up a red flag. I searched the seller here and it turns out he's some kind of scammer who works with PGX. Now I have to wonder if the book is actually a first print. It's only $50, but I'm thinking about backing out and taking the non payer hit from Ebay. What would you do?

So I catch an auction for a Crow #4, the last book I need to complete a 9.6 set. The only problem is that it is graded by PGX. So I noticed the seller was from OR and it sent up a red flag. I searched the seller here and it turns out he's some kind of scammer who works with PGX. Now I have to wonder if the book is actually a first print. It's only $50, but I'm thinking about backing out and taking the non payer hit from Ebay. What would you do?

Run away fast.This guy is a world class scammer and thief.Buy at your own risk.

The non paying bidder is far and away your best choice.

There are a few threads on Vondoom/Ryan Elliott. I think he works for PGX as their primary/only grader.

But I saw the book you are talking about, and I don't think it will be a problem from the photo he posted. $50 for a tough book like that is a good deal, even if it came back a CGC 9.4 WP.

There are a few threads on Vondoom/Ryan Elliott. I think he works for PGX as their primary/only grader.

But I saw the book you are talking about, and I don't think it will be a problem from the photo he posted. $50 for a tough book like that is a good deal, even if it came back a CGC 9.4 WP.

Just like Andys war book with the huge tear graded 9.4

the trimmed uncle scrooge 179

the trimmed march of comics 4

Need I go on?

I agree, but is it a first print? I have no idea. Can you tell from the front cover?

I agree, but is it a first print? I have no idea. Can you tell from the front cover?

There are no multi-prints for Crow #4. Only the first three books had multiple printings.

Do me a favor.When you get scammed dont come crying on here.Ok?

Need I go on?

I hear you, and know you have been very good about spreading the word on Ryan.

(worship)

I'm just answering the OP's question, and clarifying details on the book in question.

Sorry I get a little hot under the collar on this POS :insane:

I know - I've read your many posts on Ryan (to include when someone said you were working with him). lol

It's all good, and thanks for the warning.

Need I go on?

(worship)

I'm just answering the OP's question, and clarifying details on the book in question.

:applause:

How else are people gonna know about guys like this? Hold the line.

Need I go on?

(worship)

Agreed! (worship)

:gossip: Just maybe go a little easier on the warning. I thought you were going to tell the OP "Screw you if you buy from him" at one point.

lol

Need I go on?

(worship)

Agreed! (worship)

:gossip: Just maybe go a little easier on the warning. I thought you were going to tell the OP "Screw you if you buy from him" at one point.

lol

lol:blush:

There are no multi-prints for Crow #4. Only the first three books had multiple printings.

You can't rule out color touch up though.

You can't rule out color touch up though.

True. It would pay people to keep in mind that the only thing a PGX holder guarantees is that the book will probably arrive safe when it's shipped.

Can I also add that even if the book is genuine, unrestored and undergraded, why the would you want to give your money to a known criminal just to get your precious Crow #4?

You don't pay him because he's a scammer, not because there might be a 'problem' with the book.

Can I also add that even if the book is genuine, unrestored and undergraded, why the would you want to give your money to a known criminal just to get your precious Crow #4?

You don't pay him because he's a scammer, not because there might be a 'problem' with the book.

Amen choir.

(worship)

Grandmothers...stairs...Devil ... desirable books and all that.