• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buyers Market? eBay?

29 posts in this topic

OMG they have so many bars in Frostburg it's impossible to say without a location. Do you remember what street it was on or what section of town?

I can't remember. It was many moons (and brain cells) ago. They used to sell "whippets" there. I can't imagine it's still in operation.

I can't remember. It was many moons (and brain cells) ago. They used to sell "whippets" there. I can't imagine it's still in operation.

I couldn't tell you for sure. I know that Duncan's Bar and Grill is still in operation. That's been there forever. And I think Hi-Way Pizza is still open- that was a popular hang-out back in my days there.

Wow! You must have been back in the hills a bit! We have those "swipe things" in almost all the chain stores. We even have a 7-11 in Frostburg- a true sign of civilization. BTW Rob, what town was your wife originally from?

Uniontown, PA.

But what's odd is that many are MISSING THE POINT with the 50 cent insertion.

Specifically, I see lots of high-grade nice books being listed with ZERO RESERVE and starting at a very low price. The point of the 50 cent insertion day should be that you can list a book starting at a HIGH PRICE, and hope for a big sell. If it doesn't sell, you're out a whole 50 cents.

Thats kinda like the people who use the 3 CGC express submission membership coupon, to have 3 moderns slabbed.

Zeman

It is definitely big $$$$. I play in a band and we had an opportunity to play New Year's there back in 2000 but our singer, who books us, turned it down because we were already contracted. I told him BREAK IT BREAK IT! 27_laughing.gif From what I understand we would have been the opening act for Ray Charles and would have only had to play one hour for $2K plus free food! My closest brush with fame!