• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 18*

145 posts in this topic

Actually, it wasn't that bad a round. The Carnage was really in the Top Ten. Lots of misses there... :whistle:

Not here...this was one of my more confident submissions...had to be no worse than 3.0...no higher than 3.5 (sorry Roy...I beg to differ...)... ^^

And nice try Admin at your WEAK attempt to rattle my steely resolve...bring on #19! :whee:

Per your comment sckao...has no one yet hit 7 Bullseyes in a row yet...cool! ( :gossip: and I haven't even looked at book 19 yet...) :wishluck:

Unbelievable.

I thought it was a 2.5 tops. So hard to tell how strong that spine is without seeing the book in hand.

:tonofbricks:

I originally thought 3.0 but dropped it to 2.5 because of that bottom right corner. I should have stuck with the 3.0 guess. doh!

I can't believe some of the grades these books are getting. That's like the 9th or 10th book I've undergraded. :cry:

I'm glad my sevice was down. I did'nt get a chance to send in the wrong grade again. :applause: But I had it at 2.5 max.

DR.X

In this contest I'm a chronic undergrader. Once I submit my own books to CGC, I will once again become a chronic overgrader. :cry:

Idly curious question for the judges. Does the X-Men #1 have a spine split in the upper-left corner? The spine has that 'furry' look in the top inch that made me think it a possibility.

No, it does not.

Cool, thanks. (thumbs u