• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strong Female Role Models in Comics

114 posts in this topic

(Wonder Woman- as noted)

Supergirl

Batgirl

Powerpuff Girls

(When my daughter was 5 and entering a new school she really seemed to gravitate towards Buttercup... the green one... it didn't take long for me to realize that she was looking at the 'tough' exterior that Buttercup displays and maybe that helped her in that transition)

She's almost 9 now and likes the 3 Super Heroines I mentioned above! :)

Katy Keene. Betty and Veronica just aren't my idea of "role models" as they both have underlying issues, but Katy is pretty independent and does what she loves to do.

Batgirl. Barbara Gordon or Stephanie Brown.

Katy Keene. Betty and Veronica just aren't my idea of "role models" as they both have underlying issues, but Katy is pretty independent and does what she loves to do.

:eek:

I don't think I knew that...

Betty doesn't have enough self esteem to realize there is more to life then Archie. Veronica is pretty much worthless since she's an heiress, but I prefer her more to Betty.

That's just from a decades worth of observation, though.

Betty doesn't have enough self esteem to realize there is more to life then Archie. Veronica is pretty much worthless since she's an heiress, but I prefer her more to Betty.

Say it ain't so! Betty is loyal, she loves unconditionally. Veronica, is just spoiled and manipulative. Just my 2c

Say it ain't so! Betty is loyal, she loves unconditionally. Veronica, is just spoiled and manipulative. Just my 2c

Archie constantly ditches her for Veronica. Betty, while she has dated others, still just wants Archie despite how crummy he treats her. Both girls can do better, IMO.

Archie constantly ditches her for Veronica. Betty, while she has dated others, still just wants Archie despite how crummy he treats her. Both girls can do better, IMO.

Archie, is still just your average 50+ year old teenager. He doesn't know what he wants, Betty does. Sadly Archie can't see that Betty is the one for him.

Archie, is still just your average 50+ year old teenager. He doesn't know what he wants, Betty does. Sadly Archie can't see that Betty is the one for him.

I still think both girls can do better. I also think Jughead and Betty would be a cute couple.