• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

These "Chase" auctions... am I the dummy here???

43 posts in this topic

If you scroll down his feedback you can see he already sold a ASM #14 and #129. I tried these type auctions before, all junk. A good way to get rid of some drek with decent prices! doh!

I only did something like this one time, and lucked out as there was a Secret Wars 8 CGC 9.6 WP hidden in one of the boxes. I ended up with it, but also had a box full of garbage books. So I about broke even.

Never again though.

If you scroll down his feedback you can see he already sold a ASM #14 and #129. I tried these type auctions before, all junk. A good way to get rid of some drek with decent prices! doh!

I only did something like this one time, and lucked out as there was a Secret Wars 8 CGC 9.6 WP hidden in one of the boxes. I ended up with it, but also had a box full of garbage books. So I about broke even.

Never again though.

Me too. I did this thing once when I was young and naive... Lots of 10 various books including GA and SA. Get 3 FREE lots if you buy 10 or more lots kind of thing. So, I buy 10 lots, and do not receive the FREE lots. The GA and SA were pretty much all low grade funny animal stuff. It was worth the money, but barely.

I raised a fuss about the missing FREE lots and had to wait a few months for the seller to make good, which they did, but the contents were even tier.

NEVER again I tell you!

Another way to sell your drek...

Am I the dummy here?

I bought one and got this VF 8.0-ish Judge Colt...

$6.86 down the drain.

Should I try another one in the hopes of getting the ASM 129???

CAL hm

Kudos to Cal for backing rhetoric with action. (thumbs u <-- the good one

Yes, I reported the tool, eBay ostensibly "did nothing", but I note the seller is no longer offering these "lucky dips".

He bought from this guy a second time, after startng this thread? doh! Where's the neg for the first auction?