• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Suscha News Grades Are In

176 posts in this topic

Just got an email indicating that more Suscha News books were graded and are to be auctioned on ComicConnect.

As some of you probably have seen, I am a giant fan of the Suscha news books, particularly the Bronze. I know we debated whether it was a pedigree or not, and putting that aside for a moment, I have to say that these books are some of the nicest I have seen in a long time (and I saw a few raw ones that were going to be slabbed).

Super bright white backs and unbelievable pages. I've been buying rejects and am just thrilled with the ones that DIDN'T make the cut for grading.

Here are some of the new highlights that I think will be in the March Comic Connect Event Auction, also Vinny told me that he has had none of these books pressed -- since I saw the books raw, I can tell you there'd be no reason to press most of them from what I could see:

Amazing Adventures 13 CGC 9.8

ASM 56 CGC 9.6

ASM 74 CGC 9.8

ASM 97 CGC 9.8

ASM 98 CGC 9.8

ASM 103 CGC 9.8

ASM 112 CGC 9.8

ASM 119 CGC 9.8

ASM 120 CGC 9.8

ASM 121 CGC 9.8

ASM 122 CGC 9.8

JIM 118 CGC 9.4

Incredible Hulk 180 CGC 9.8

FF 112 CGC 9.6

TOS 60 CGC 9.4

TOS 65 CGC 9.4

GL 86 CGC 9.8

Cap 117 CGC 9.6

Yup all the books I asked Vinnie about and the ones I bid on last month were also disclosed to have not been pressed. :cool:

These books are pretty nice, and they will be a lot more to come it seems every auction on ComicConnect.

This book is going to be nuts......

AVENGERS #103

Marvel

CGC NM+: 9.6

WP

Susha News

By far the hardest Marvel Picture Frame ever.

A question... Do all the Sucshas have the largish store stamp / date stamp on the back cover? I was outbid on all but the ASM 62 during the December auction, so it's the only one I've actually seen the back cover of.

A question... Do all the Sucshas have the largish store stamp / date stamp on the back cover? I was outbid on all but the ASM 62 during the December auction, so it's the only one I've actually seen the back cover of.

Not all of them.

ASM 13 CGC 9.8

Wow. :o

That was the one that blew me away as well. And that they didn't press it first to get that grade, even more unbelievable.

Yep, my understanding was that they were all mid to late Bronze Age books :)

ASM 13 CGC 9.8

Wow. :o

That was the one that blew me away as well. And that they didn't press it first to get that grade, even more unbelievable.

Yep, my understanding was that they were all mid to late Bronze Age books :)

Not all. There were several that were earlier books (for instance an Avengers 16 CGC 9.2 or the raw Tec 359 I bought), but i think you are generally right, early/mid 70s forward.