• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comicsupply.com ??

43 posts in this topic

Has anyone else used this website and have any experience?

I'm having a very bad experience with this website that I wanted to share with others. I placed a ~$300 order in mid-December with this company, with the order primarily focused on plastic short-boxes, mylar bags, backing boards and archival paper. The company has jerked me around for 2 months, shifting between being non-responsive and making claims about trouble filling a back-order on archival paper.

A few weeks ago, they claimed that the company they ordered archival paper from raised prices x 3 times (to $60) and that they were removing archival paper from their website. As of this point, the paper is still listed on their website for $20/order.

They charged my account ~$300 in December and still have shone no likelihood of shipping my product. After an inquiry about the archival paper, I indicated that I'd rather drop that from the order and receive the rest of the order. They have not removed the price of the archival paper from my charge, nor indicated any progress towards shipping my order.

I've been travelling the last week and a half, but I'm done with this company and contacting my credit card company to dispute charges. I do not know if this is a scamming company or if I'm just having a unique poor experience with this company, but I wanted to warn other shoppers of my experience.

I have to admit I'm frustrated, as I've had to put my own inventory process on hold for 2 months, but I was looking forward to some of the back issues I ordered (from series that I don't normally read that I was looking forward getting into). It's rather frustrating to see new "sales" listed on their web site every time I visit to check on the status of my non-shipping order.

He was a long time member here that ended up screwing a lot of people and seems to continue to do so.

Do what you can to protect yourself.

(thumbs u

thanks guys. I searched for "comicsupply.com" and "comicsupply", but don't pull anything up. "comic supply" is a fairly generic term and brings up lots of hits; what would be the best thing to search on?

I'm currently on hold with my bank to dispute the charge. Wish I had searched appropriately at first, but will try to get this wrapped up as soon as possible.

Dispute the charge and buy from HOT FLIPS
^^

http://www.hotflips.com/

It's always a good idea to ask questions on these boards first. There is no reason whatsoever to deal with anyone else for comic supplies. Hot-Flips will have your order at your door within days. If you want you can call your order in as they actually pick up the phone and talk with customers, unless they're at a con. Jeff is a boardie and takes care of his customers and has passed many deals on to the members here. Just my 2c

DR.X

hotflips is interested in being a trusted member of the collecting community. they are regulars at local shows in the tri-state area, etc., selling comics and supplies. they aren't hiding or anything.

comicsupply...I have no idea. he had a good thing going, and I didn't get robbed when I bought stuff from him like 7 years ago, but seriously, what he's been doing for the last few years sounds criminal.

What's amazing about ComicSupply is that if he has the items on hand and the order is easy / ready to ship, there's generally no problem with the order. BUT, as soon as there is a back-order involved or anything else quirky, then he drops the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME. Seems to me it's sheer laziness, thoughtlessness and carelessness ... and that's not a business any one would want to deal with.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1646534&fpart=81

...this is another place to check before buying on the boards... he's a Hall of Shame Member which means he has screwed over quite a few boardies!

Who hasn't this guy f$%ked over? :eyeroll: