• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McFarlane toys to make THE WALKING DEAD!

48 posts in this topic

I was reading about this when the series was running how people at AMC were going crazy over how great this series was doing and in what demographics.

The "18-49 year-old males" demo is what advertisers want the most, they spend the most money.

Walking Dead is "the most watched drama series in basic cable history among the coveted 18-49 demographic." according to Nielsen. Advertisers (the people who really keep TV shows on the air) open their wallets wider than Charlie Sheen after the AVN awards for that like you would not believe.

Walking Dead draws DOUBLE the viewers that Mad Men gets, and everyone is lined up to cup the sac of that show....so even if rating fall off by 40% (which I doubt) it will still be outgunning Don Draper. Hardly an argument for cancellation. (shrug)

I'll be surprised if that show isn't canceled by Christmas.

You also swore up and down that Designing Women would be on forever.

You can't be trusted (tsk)

lol I can see Watson with a Dixie Carter fetish.

I always had the hots for Dixie. I named my cat Dixie. The only thing wrong with Dixie Carter, God rest her soul, was her politics.

puhleeze... :screwy:

I'm not knocking the show, but it's a fad and the public are fickle.

Chicken.

I'm not chicken. I guess I just fail to see the subtleties of the show beyond zombies attack, people kill zombies, zombies kill people.

Twin Peaks, now there was a show. Snuffed out before its time. :(

Chicken.

I'm not chicken. I guess I just fail to see the subtleties of the show beyond zombies attack, people kill zombies, zombies kill people.

The Shield was better.

The show ran 2 seasons 39 episodes, more than enough time to bring in viewers, but it didn't get over it. :sumo:

Chicken.

The Shield was better.

This is true.

The show ran 2 seasons 39 episodes, more than enough time to bring in viewers, but it didn't get over it. :sumo:

It had plenty of viewers. It began life as a movie, but the ratings were so high it was developed into a series. Unfortunately, the plot line got stale and the viewers fled... in droves.

It had plenty of viewers. It began life as a movie, but the ratings were so high it was developed into a series. Unfortunately, the plot line got stale and the viewers fled... in droves.

The Shield was better.

contrary to what some may believe there is a huge cult following for zombie movies far beyond the recent zombie comic craze. Zombies in comics may be fad, but Zombies in movies become cult classics. I see this series doing well for as long as they keep writing good scripts for it. I love the series more than the comics.

I don't own one single walking dead comic but i've seen maybe 90 percent of all the zombie movies out there, with the exception of some of the foreign stuff which is hard to find it's way to american shores, not unless it's a remake. (run on sentence)...lol.

This series is like no other zombie movie I've seen. The character development is really explored in a way that can't be done with 2 hours films. It's really good. The make-up effects are very believable and so are the scenes and situations. I rarely find myself complaining that they are not behaving appropriately for the situation. The plots make sense, the story telling is good, what's not to like.

whoops, let's get back on topic, the toys should do alright.

Was at a retailer conference this week. Mcfarlane was there. His description of the toys and how they will be articulated was priceless. If they turn out anything like the plan (and McFarlane toys usually do) they will be awesome.

As for the show being canceled...Kirkman just moved the family to LA.

Was at a retailer conference this week. Mcfarlane was there. His description of the toys and how they will be articulated was priceless. If they turn out anything like the plan (and McFarlane toys usually do) they will be awesome.

As for the show being canceled...Kirkman just moved the family to LA.

NO! REALLY? ARTICULATION? ON A MCFARLANE TOY?

I'll believe it when I see it. :eyeroll:

Pretty tame really.

michonne-twd.jpg

is that suppose to be a bro?

Yes,

All the "Bro's" I know wear micro mini's, hugging the gentle curves of their athletic yet supple thighs, and lowcut halter vests restraining their pert ample bosoms. :eyeroll: