• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know this eBay seller (gccbco)

23 posts in this topic

Bug,

If a seller doesn't reply to emails within 3 days that tells you something. Even supa says he doesn't respond to emails. I personally wouldn't deal with a person that doesn't think that my emails are worth his time to answer. mad.gif

i agree, cutomer service goes a long way, its not enough just to put books on ebay and ship them to the winner. there's a ton of people that do that, the sellers who do repeat business are the ones that look after their customers, and replying to emails is the least they can do.

I mentioned the weekend thing because I know a seller who is really one of the best I've dealt with, and she never answers on weekends. I think she might sell from an office/warehouse and is at home on the weekends. Anyway, she's a quality seller, but zero weekend communication.

It is a shame when it's a question about an item that ends on Sunday, though. I can't recall if she ever has auctions that end on weekends (I think she doesn't). So it's probably a different situation.

I've been partying all weekend, so most of the stuff I've sold have gone unsupervised. I just got back from my birthday party (yeeha!) and saw that a game I'd listed went for over $60 with 18 bids. I would've loved to have watched that one end! Oh, and Ricky would've picked it out for shilling, as nearly every bidder was a (0)!! I looked at the bid history and just laughed out loud, and said "Shill!" even though it was my own auction and I wasn't on the computer.

methinks it was a Christmas frenzy with a bunch of newbies.

-- Joanna

Doesn't if feel good to miss the end of one of your auctions and find out later it sold for much more than you were expecting. I LOVE when that happens. grin.gif

Hope you had a good time at your birthday party Joanna........you're 19 right? wink.gif

And yeah......I can understand that some people won't be available for the weekends. I just wish he hadn't ended it on a Sunday if this was going to be the case. frown.gif Oh well.......I passed on the book.

Although someone else in this thread mentions that this seller never answers emails........always ships the product........but never answers email. I don't really care for that attitude if it's true. I'd rather do business with friendly folk who like to communicate. Just getting a book sent seems a little sterile.

I mean.....how many of us in here would collect comics if you just put your money in a machine and the book popped out and you never chatted with other collectors or went to conventions to rap, etc.? Not me.....that's for sure. Talking with people and enjoying the "hunt" for that elusive issue is half the fun. laugh.gif

I bought him for $70 of comics on August. Never received them... mad.gif I was not able to put a negative feedback, because items were not available after 3 months on Ebay... I was really surprised because his feedback is good... Maybe another overseas lost package...

I totally agree with you, rickdogg. I frequently ask people for scans of the back cover (or front cover if the scan is too small) or another specific question about a book and I probably only get a response about 20% of the time. A particular book doesn't go on my "watch" list until I have gotten a satisfactory answer, no matter how good the deal is. It's unbelievable how bad customer service some of these sellers possess.

Although the flip side to that is the many bidders who ask questions that are answered in the auction description. For every legitimate question (presence of a date stamp, request for a back cover scan on a high grade book, staple rust, etc.) sellers get 15-20 questions that are just a waste of time.

I did a batch of 20 nice CGC books on eBay this past spring, and I received nearly 300 emails about the items. Over 50 of those emails were from bidders asking me to explain what CGC meant. Another two dozen were from people asking for shipping charges (which were clearly listed in the description). And it was something like 40 emails asking whether Spider-Man appeared in that Batman book, whether the CGC holder had a mounting bracket to hang it on the wall, whether I knew anyone who dealt in wholesale marble sales, and whether her grandson would like this Daredevil book since he loves Yu-Gi-Oh so much.

It gets to be tough weeding out the legitimate questions from serious buyers when you're faced with a barrage of idiocy...

And BTW, I answered each of the questions above... Spider-Man did not appear, it doesn't come with a bracket but the ones used on large plates work fine, try innerchilds.com for marbles, and you might want to start him with a newer issue of Daredevil and see if he likes it...

Ah see, but you are in Canada... many of the customers asking me for marble wholesalers think Canada is off somewhere near Afghanistan so they don't bother to ask you these questions...

I had a customer last month who emailed me in response to a run of Spectre 1-21 I had on eBay. She was extremely polite and was wondering whether I had any N*Sync lunchboxes so she could buy both and save on shipping. When I replied that unfortunately I did not, she indicated she was sorry but she was going to look for a seller that had both...

Perhaps my use of the Queen's English was far more comprehensible than your usual Yankie slang! shocked.gif Actually, it has to do with with obviously higher quality books that I sell! wink.gif

You have a lot to put up with, sounds like... the most common question I get is "I'll give you $xxxx to end this auction early". But like you, I would also take the time to answer every question. Cuz you never know - this person may know another person... and it's just being courteous, ya know? wink.gif