• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UPDATED POLL, which is the best SA Marvel superhero title?

The best SA Marvel superhero title  

459 members have voted

1. 1. The best SA Marvel superhero title

69 posts in this topic

I'm with Oakman on his choices:

ASM

FF

TOS

After reading all of the SA Marvels via Essential reprints, I'm still surprised that TOS doesn't get more appreciation.

I wanted to pick TTA to support my Ant-Man love but that would have been true homerism. It doesn't even hold a candle to the above mentioned books.

My votes...

Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man - easy choices for their consistently high quality.

Strange Tales - for Ditko's Dr. Strange

After reading all of the SA Marvels via Essential reprints, I'm still surprised that TOS doesn't get more appreciation.
My guess as to the reason? "Don Heck".
He did some really nice art on Iron Man. Looks great in black and white. (thumbs u

He did some really nice art on Iron Man. Looks great in black and white. (thumbs u

+1. Yeah, some of the coolest story arcs of the silver age are in Tales of Suspense. I never understood how people love the story and art in SA X-men. Outside of the first few issues, it's pretty weak IMO.

And now, I will prepare for the inevitable beating that will surely follow such blasphemy... :o

I never understood how people love the story and art in SA X-men. Outside of the first few issues, it's pretty weak IMO.

I'm very fond of the first ten issues of X-Men, some of my favourites as a kid. Back then I was always intrigued by Magneto's constant, force-of-nature intensity, trying to figure out why he was so angry all the time. Of course, it was quite a while before the writers analysed that in detail.

Is there really any chance that Spiderman is NOT going to win this?

It's more fun this way.

The alternative is having ASM and FF as the choices, and choosing one. :grin:

My suggestion would`ve been to run this poll with no Spiderman option and watch everyone`s heads explode.

I never understood how people love the story and art in SA X-men. Outside of the first few issues, it's pretty weak IMO.

I'm very fond of the first ten issues of X-Men, some of my favourites as a kid. Back then I was always intrigued by Magneto's constant, force-of-nature intensity, trying to figure out why he was so angry all the time. Of course, it was quite a while before the writers analysed that in detail.

Yes. I like the first 10-15 issues. I guess it's right after the sentinel story arc that it meanders all over the place until it gets interesting again around issue 50. Just my opinion.

+2