• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mylars

21 posts in this topic

Depends on which mailers you are talking about. The stiff envelopes with the tuck-in flap, probably not, although I have never looked. The diecut boxes, on the other hand, you can absolutely get cheaper, though I wouldn't recommend you buy them from me. There are at least 100 carton manufacturers around the country and buying them direct from the source is always the way to go.

I took your advice, and stopped by our local discount shipping supply wholesaler. They had the same sized box that Bags Unlimited sells as a "comic mailer" for about 80¢ each. Less if you bought more, but I don't have the volume to justify $60+ in supplies. With shipping, I paid about $1.70 each through BU. Granted I only bought 10 from them. I also got some 12"x12" cardboard flats to cut down for reinforcers. They were 9¢ each. I'm ready to sell now, but about out of inventory. foreheadslap.gif

Glad to help out. I wasted hundreds of dollars on boxes in my early eBay days before I found out just how cheap you can get that stuff from the source. When I lived in Texas I used to buy from Alamo Packaging, based about halfway between Austin and San Antonio. Now I buy from Box Maker, with offices in Seattle, Portland and Eugene.

Yeah, there are lots of places you can get free used boxes, but it is so much faster to pack something when the box is the exact right size. thumbsup2.gif