• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay posts

4 posts in this topic

It seems like there quite a few posts in this board advertising the poster's ebay auctions ending soon, or just posted. Do people that frequent these boards not frequent ebay? Do the ads help? Is it because there are too many unethical people and this is a way to alert people to more legit auctions? It seems unusual on the other boards I frequent to allow ebay auction postings.

I think it's just to notify fellow comic collectors to your auctions - to generate more traffic. Nothing worse than having a particular lot of comics end for 99¢, and the counter show that 3 people saw your auction all week.

As a buyer I like when people post their auctions here because I can only have 30 Favorite sellers in my Ebay account so it's almost like having another "favorite sellers" page.

As a seller I have often sold to people here that I don't think would have found my auctions if I didn't post it here (maybe for the same reason stated above?).

Not to mention the fact that it's so nice dealing with everyone that I have hear (so far 893crossfingers-thumb.gif). I'd rather pay more or even sell for less with someone here then take my chances with people I don't know on Ebay. Like the deal you and I had recently. I probably could have sold those books for a little more on Ebay, but I'd rather sell for a little less here and know I'm going to have a smooth transaction. It's a small price to pay for peace of mind. thumbsup2.gif

Like the deal you and I had recently. I probably could have sold those books for a little more on Ebay, but I'd rather sell for a little less here and know I'm going to have a smooth transaction. It's a small price to pay for peace of mind. thumbsup2.gif

I appreciate that everyday. I haven't filed them away yet. The covers are too cool, and with Hush in Gotham Knights, it's even better.

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif