• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JP THE MINT DOES IT YET AGAIN-ACTION 1 CGC 3.0

38 posts in this topic

hell yeah

im deliberately flaming to get all those BSD's (who need their plastic slabs to define their worth as a person) online to denigrate everyone with lesser graded plasic slabs............. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget all of us TSDs who need plastic slabs and numerical grades to define our worth too!

Well I have an Action 1 in 9.8, a Big Book of Fun Comics #1 in 9.6, a Flash #43 in 9.4, and a Buzzy #70 in 10.0. What books do YOU own, sonny? 893blahblah.gif

hell yeah

im deliberately flaming to get all those BSD's (who need their plastic slabs to define their worth as a person) online to denigrate everyone with lesser graded plasic slabs............. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have an Action 1 in 9.8, a Big Book of Fun Comics #1 in 9.6, a Flash #43 in 9.4, and a Buzzy #70 in 10.0. What books do YOU own, sonny? 893blahblah.gif

hell yeah

I have every Dark Horse comic ever made, including the Next Men Ashcan, the Hellboy & Bradman comic and the Aliens-Predator special give aways (not only the common 1991 Hasbro promo but also the special copies produced only for Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sigourney Weaver). I am desperately seeking Foot Soldiers #4 and Star Wars: Droids #7 (although commonly thought to be a 6-issue mini-series, in fact there was an ultrasecret 7th issue that was produced), and then I will truly have a complete collection. Please contact me if you have these books, especially if you're from some out of the way place like Finland and have no references. I would gladly pay 139,743X Guide for any of these books. Thanks.

i have a Foot soldiers #4 but im not sure of the grade. its not mint, its a bit worn with some creasing but complete and not brittle

i would say its probably a solid good

i cannnot send u scans as i dont have a scanner but u can send me your money order first...........

I am desperately seeking Foot Soldiers #4 and Star Wars: Droids #7 (although commonly thought to be a 6-issue mini-series, in fact there was an ultrasecret 7th issue that was produced), and then I will truly have a complete collection. Please contact me if you have these books, especially if you're from some out of the way place like Finland and have no references. I would gladly pay 139,743X Guide for any of these books. Thanks

Hey, I have both of those books you need. Unfortunately my brother has them, since I don't have enough space to store all my books. I called him and he said they are both in NM condition, probably even better...

My scanner is broke so I can't provide pictures, but they really are pristine copies...

I usually give discounts to board members so how about 139,742X Guide.... devil.gif

oh btw...drdonaldblake isn't from Finland like me so he probably doesn't have those books... what a crook mad.gif

I am desperately seeking Foot Soldiers #4 and Star Wars: Droids #7 (although commonly thought to be a 6-issue mini-series, in fact there was an ultrasecret 7th issue that was produced), and then I will truly have a complete collection. Please contact me if you have these books, especially if you're from some out of the way place like Finland and have no references. I would gladly pay 139,743X Guide for any of these books. Thanks

Hey, I have both of those books you need. Unfortunately my brother has them, since I don't have enough space to store all my books. I called him and he said they are both in NM condition, probably even better...

My scanner is broke so I can't provide pictures, but they really are pristine copies...

I usually give discounts to board members so how about 139,742X Guide.... devil.gif

oh btw...drdonaldblake isn't from Finland like me so he probably doesn't have those books... what a crook mad.gif

ROFL! 27_laughing.gif Sorry Arty, I just picked Finland because it was off the beaten track, just like Denmark. I forgot we had upstanding Finnish participants on these boards! I'm going to have to pull out my atlas and find some really out of the way countries next time.

Djibouti is nice this time of year. And it's fun to say, as well. thumbsup2.gif

ROFL! 27_laughing.gif Sorry Arty, I just picked Finland because it was off the beaten track, just like Denmark. I forgot we had upstanding Finnish participants on these boards! I'm going to have to pull out my atlas and find some really out of the way countries next time.

How about these out of the way countries...

Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia?

The newest 7 members to join NATO

Heh, I see my TB impression has fooled no one.

Well I have an Action 1 in 9.8, a Big Book of Fun Comics #1 in 9.6, a Flash #43 in 9.4, and a Buzzy #70 in 10.0. What books do YOU own, sonny?

LIAR tongue.gif

Actually, while I think his posting about all the great books he owned was ill advised, it made a little more sense when viewed in the context of JC telling him to "put his money where your mouth is." The only part that really annoyed me what when TB said that so-and-so was "not a real player." That kind of remark really bothers me because, although I love the really expensive books and some of the stuff I buy now isn't cheap, I was once a kid who saved up for months to buy a $12 VG copy of Amazing Spider-Man #14, and if some guy had said "Here you go, but this doesn't make you a *real* player," I'd have been pretty mad.

Having said that, we all have our bad days and it can be hard to keep your temper in check when someone baits you. I try really hard sometimes to avoid losing my temper on these boards too, but there are definitely things I've posted on here in the past that in hindsight, I wish I hadn't. But although those posts can make me look like a jerk, I don't think that I actually am a jerk, despite momentary lapses of judgment in the heat of the moment. But for the rest of you guys, the posts that I write are all you know about me, so if I only had 12 posts to my name like TB does and all of them were in the course of a fight I was having with JC, you guys would probably think I was a pompous arse, especially if I were the top silver age Marvel collector in the world and everyone knew it.

Personally, I wish more guys like TB would post here more often. I think that they could add a lot to the discussions we have, especially on the topic of pedigree books, rarity of certain hard-to-find issues, etc. Just look at all of the great info we've gotten from Vincent over the last few months since he started posting more regularly. Much of this information isn't catalogued anywhere that is easy to find, and certainly not in a searchable format like these forums are. If some of the BSDs would post here and share information, it would only improve the value of these boards as a resource.

Yeah, he was a barrel of laughs wasn't he? insane.gif