• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rawhide Kid #28 PRICE VARIANT

22 posts in this topic

The bus station back home put their own 20 cent stickers on every 15 cent comic. Does that make them sticker variants? The concept seems amazingly stupid.

As to there being 100 times more X-men 1 in 8.5 than Rawhide Kid 28 in 9.6, so what? Your point is? There are 1000 more AF15s above 5.0 than ANY copy of Atomic Bunny but, again, so what? Surely you're not trying to argue a 9.6 Rawhide Kid is worth what an 8.5 X-Men 1 is. Scarcity is always important but demand always has and always will drive collectibles. There must be 5 of us in the world that care at all about Atomic Bunny and it took me 10 years to find a copy but no one is going to pay $10K if a 9.8 Atomic Bunny ever shows up. I suspect there are more of you that care about Rawhide Kid 28 than we Atomic Bunny aficionados but there are thousands more X-Men 1 fans.

The bus station back home put their own 20 cent stickers on every 15 cent comic. Does that make them sticker variants? The concept seems amazingly stupid.

Well, to DTA it does. :makepoint:

As to there being 100 times more X-men 1 in 8.5 than Rawhide Kid 28 in 9.6, so what? Your point is? There are 1000 more AF15s above 5.0 than ANY copy of Atomic Bunny but, again, so what? Surely you're not trying to argue a 9.6 Rawhide Kid is worth what an 8.5 X-Men 1 is. Scarcity is always important but demand always has and always will drive collectibles. There must be 5 of us in the world that care at all about Atomic Bunny and it took me 10 years to find a copy but no one is going to pay $10K if a 9.8 Atomic Bunny ever shows up. I suspect there are more of you that care about Rawhide Kid 28 than we Atomic Bunny aficionados but there are thousands more X-Men 1 fans.

You are missing something here, then using the wrong example to back up your point.

The point is, or was, I could probably buy an X-men 1 every day of the week until I ran out of funds, whereas most days over the past 10 years, I could not buy a ringo 28 variant (or atomic bunny) in any condition at all.

That's about it.

Most people here grasp scarcity, and desireablilty. They can be mutually exclusive events.

But as you say, "so what".