• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Primer 6 as an example of how to standardize registry points

39 posts in this topic

Since this topic was taking up much of the points adjustment thread, I figured we better take it out of there so others can get the attention they deserve.

Hey, These Scores Need Fixing

-----------------------------

We've had this discussion numerous times before - basing a registry score solely on the FMV of a book is silly. But basing it solely on "oh, there are no CGC 9.8 copies of this book" is insane.

I think you are missing the point of my suggestion, but I mean no offense in saying this. Please forgive me for being a little longwinded here, but my intent is to lay out the entire thought process. My recommendation is not just based on the rarity of a 9.8 appearing in the census.

AVAILABILITY:

With the titles/books you mentioned, there is no near-term shortage to meet the demand because these books were produced at typical DC and Marvel levels. Now in the case of independents that are still low-point examples (San Diego Comic-Con Comics #2 with an estimated print run of 2,000 being one example), these are tougher to track down, though the high-grade availability is pretty decent. SDCC #2 is now up to 39 examples at the 9.8 grade.

But books like Sandman #1, which I thoroughly love like yourself, are up to 122 examples at the 9.8 grade, and 627 graded examples overall. There is no shortage right now from these numbers, and if we go on Ebay there are loads of raw examples still out there that are potential slab candidates (just look at all the "CGC it" listings - they must be right. :insane: ).

With Primer #5 and #6, these books rarely come up in high-grade condition. And in the case of #6, my goal for four years to track down in 9.4 or better condition, I can attest to the few auctions I have been able to find and bid on.

DEMAND:

Here is where it gets tricky, as any of us can feel we have demand figured out. Then a bunch of buyers/collectors throw our entire assumption out the window (i.e. "Hardly anyone cares about Razor Annual #1," and then within months the census count goes from 7 to 34; some group of collectors cared). I totally agree for now the demand for a book like Primer #6 is low when comparing to key books like Sandman #1 and 8, SDCC #2, Crow #1, or even the kind-of-in-demand Primer #5 (let's be real - there are a few collectors that try and buy up many of the copies; otherwise, who cares about a come-and-gone character like The Maxx?).

But then let's look at a title like Xenozoic Tales. Two years ago, Matt/Bonds and I were some of the few folks buying up any high-grade issues we could find. Hardly anyone even mentioned this title in Copper Age. Matter of fact, go back and do a search, and you'll find next to nothing mentioned. Then we start talking about it and posting our high-grade copies for others to enjoy, and you start to see the momentum grow. Now there are quite a few board members trying to track down 9.6/9.8 examples for their own collection. It's going to be the same with Primer #6 when those that want to have a complete set of this series find out how tough high-grade examples are to track down.

Currently, because Primer #2 is given such a large score - and so much attention - it is the dominant book in that registry set. But as more 9.8's pop up, those that want to stay on top are going to have to find the other books to compete. Primer #5 and #6, IMHO, are going to be the toughest books to track down in high-grade condition. But Primer #2 has a huge supply out there, and the high-grade census has continued to grow steadily. Last year, I think there were five 9.8's in the census, so that means a 180% increase in 9.8's available since that time.

PRICE:

Here is another tricky category. If we look at some of the books that are still in high demand (Sandman #1 and #8 as examples), as the census grows their values have dropped substantially. If I remember right, Sandman #1 had a few $700 sales, many in the $400 range, and now it goes for $125-$150. Should it be valued with higher registry points?

Right now, Sandman 1 CGC 9.8 Universals receive 320 points, so if we had a published standard (and we assume it is double the retail value), then this is within the range, right? Actually, a little higher. But a book like San Diego Comic-Con Comic 2 CGC 9.8 receives 280 points, and yet it sells for around $325-$350. Primer #5 and #6 gets a little tougher to compare.

Primer #5 has 20 graded examples, and receives 304 points for a 9.8 grade. Now I'm not sure if the 9.2-9.6's have ever been sold on the market, but I have seen raw 9.2-9.4's sell at the $30-60 range. And with Primer #6, when they do appear on Ebay at the 9.2-9.4 range, they sell for around $18-$28. I know, because I've bid on these auctions and had to compete to win them over four years. Most ended up overgraded, but two were rock-solid 9.4-9.6 examples. So is it unfair to assume Primer #6 should be worth a lot more than you are suggesting? I'd like to think so from experience. And as we both know, there are no slab sales to compare against for Primer #6 because they never existed before (and mine will not be hitting the market after all that searching).

SUMMARY:

Okay, so maybe my suggestion of 600 points may come across as high. But it takes into consideration AVAILABILITY, FUTURE DEMAND, and POTENTIAL PRICE knowing the trends over the years of Copper Age comics and the behavior of collectors focused on this period. Especially knowing what I have gone through to find my two copies after four years of actively searching, and seeing what is out there for supply. Maybe I am ahead of the curve with my points recommendation, but it takes all three categories into consideration when making this proposal.

So what do you do when a book is considered rare, in demand and expensive and a year later turns out to be surprisingly common with an availability that exceeds demand, and the price drops? It seems like it would really increase the time Gemma has to spend deciding what is a reasonable point value and then revising that value on a regular basis.

It seems like it would really increase the time Gemma has to spend deciding what is a reasonable point value and then revising that value on a regular basis.

It's a very fair question, and Gemma deals with it today (and will continue to as the market progresses along).

Look at Harbinger #1, that at one point was considered a rare book in 9.8, and sold for as high as $2,500 when there were 2-3 in the census. Fast-forward a few years later, and we now have 68 examples at the 9.8 grade, and the price has dropped down to the $300-$350 level. At one point, it had 1,500 points assigned to it, and now has 480 points due to the market change.

It's going to happen, and why the registry points must be administered periodically. Being collectibles, things change over time when considering Availability, Demand, and Price as measurement factors.

And to be fair to independents, this challenge of adjusting based on market trends also impacts DC and Marvel books.

Look at G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero 21. Two years ago, there were 2-3 in the census at the 9.8 grade, they were selling for $1,700 to $2,000 (+), and a few on here were predicting we would never see more than 4-5 due to the production issues with the book.

Here we are two years later, and now there are 38 in the census at the 9.8 grade, and prices have adjusted substantially on this book. And the registry points for a 9.8 are 240, which if the standard is 2x market value - but also factoring in demand and availability - may not be too far off the mark.

With the titles/books you mentioned, there is no near-term shortage to meet the demand because these books were produced at typical DC and Marvel levels. Now in the case of independents that are still low-point examples (San Diego Comic-Con Comics #2 with an estimated print run of 2,000 being one example), these are tougher to track down, though the high-grade availability is pretty decent. SDCC #2 is now up to 39 examples at the 9.8 grade.

But books like Sandman #1, which I thoroughly love like yourself, are up to 122 examples at the 9.8 grade, and 627 graded examples overall. There is no shortage right now from these numbers, and if we go on Ebay there are loads of raw examples still out there that are potential slab candidates (just look at all the "CGC it" listings - they must be right. :insane: ).

With Primer #5 and #6, these books rarely come up in high-grade condition. And in the case of #6, my goal for four years to track down in 9.4 or better condition, I can attest to the few auctions I have been able to find and bid on.

The reason the books I mentioned prevously sell for decent dollar amounts is because demand outstrips supply.

When there's high demand, more copies of a book come out of the woodwork, even if has a tiny print run like a SDCC #2 - sometimes this makes the price drop like a rock (if only a few people are interested in owning CGC 9.8 copies), most of the time it makes the price creep downwards till it reaches a certain sustainable level (Sandman #1 is a good example of that - even though each census update shows additional 9.8 copies, the price has remained relatively steady for the last 2-3 years).

But seeing that there's no particular demand for neither raw nor slabbed copies of a Primer #6, nobody can be bothered to go through their boxes to look for 9.8 copies.

Taking this to mean that there aren't high-grade copies out there to be found is utterly fallacious, however - as we've seen time & time again with copper books, if a book gets hot & starts selling for a high dollar amount, there's suddenly an incentive for people to slab their copies.

Here is where it gets tricky, as any of us can feel we have demand figured out. Then a bunch of buyers/collectors throw our entire assumption out the window (i.e. "Hardly anyone cares about Razor Annual #1," and then within months the census count goes from 7 to 34; some group of collectors cared). I totally agree for now the demand for a book like Primer #6 is low when comparing to key books like Sandman #1 and 8, SDCC #2, Crow #1, or even the kind-of-in-demand Primer #5 (let's be real - there are a few collectors that try and buy up many of the copies; otherwise, who cares about a come-and-gone character like The Maxx?).

This is the second time you've mentioned the Razor Annual. According to the CGC census analysis the number of slabbed copies of this book has grown by a measly 3 copies in the last year and by a total of 10 copies since 2006 (eg. an average of 2 copies a year for the last 5 years). Where are you getting this 7 to 34 number?

But then let's look at a title like Xenozoic Tales. Two years ago, Matt/Bonds and I were some of the few folks buying up any high-grade issues we could find. Hardly anyone even mentioned this title in Copper Age. Matter of fact, go back and do a search, and you'll find next to nothing mentioned. Then we start talking about it and posting our high-grade copies for others to enjoy, and you start to see the momentum grow. Now there are quite a few board members trying to track down 9.6/9.8 examples for their own collection. It's going to be the same with Primer #6 when those that want to have a complete set of this series find out how tough high-grade examples are to track down.

I think you're grossly over-estimating the impact of a handful of board members chasing cheap 9.8 copies. GPA shows sales of CGC 9.8 copies of Xenozoic Tales in the $30-35 range (with the exception of #1 - and that's been a $100 book since 2007), and two CGC 10.0 copies that sold for around $100.

What these numbers clearly show is that there's no particular momentum on this book - what there is, however, is a handful of CA collectors (including you & me) who wouldn't mind having 9.8 copies from this series, but aren't really willing to pay much for them. Which is really no different than any issue of the Primer series that isn't a #2 or #5.

There are no slabbed copies of Primer #3, just 2 slabbed copies of Primer #4 (both 8.0s), and just 2 slabbed copies of Primer #6 (both owned by you), which makes it's fairly obvious that no-one is currently trying to put together a set of CGC 9.8 Primers.

Currently, because Primer #2 is given such a large score - and so much attention - it is the dominant book in that registry set. But as more 9.8's pop up, those that want to stay on top are going to have to find the other books to compete. Primer #5 and #6, IMHO, are going to be the toughest books to track down in high-grade condition. But Primer #2 has a huge supply out there, and the high-grade census has continued to grow steadily. Last year, I think there were five 9.8's in the census, so that means a 180% increase in 9.8's available since that time.

Primer #2 is the dominant book in that set because it's a bona-fide key - it's the 1st appearance of a very popular character that's still being published today. People aren't paying large sums of money because this book is part of the Primer registry set - they're paying to put it in the Grendel set.

Look at the CGC registry ... there are currently 12 Primer sets, and not a single one of those sets contain any other book than a Primer #2. If that doesn't show how little interest there is in any Primer book outside of the #2, I don't know what would.

Primer #5 has 20 graded examples, and receives 304 points for a 9.8 grade. Now I'm not sure if the 9.2-9.6's have ever been sold on the market, but I have seen raw 9.2-9.4's sell at the $30-60 range. And with Primer #6, when they do appear on Ebay at the 9.2-9.4 range, they sell for around $18-$28. I know, because I've bid on these auctions and had to compete to win them over four years. Most ended up overgraded, but two were rock-solid 9.4-9.6 examples. So is it unfair to assume Primer #6 should be worth a lot more than you are suggesting? I'd like to think so from experience. And as we both know, there are no slab sales to compare against for Primer #6 because they never existed before (and mine will not be hitting the market after all that searching).

High-grade raw copies of Primer #5 never show up on ebay - what you're describing is F/VF to VF/NM copies selling in the $30-60 range. I'd personally pay $100 for a raw Primer #5 in 9.4 - and I'm not the only one.

Also ... due to Primer #5 being oversized & having a much smaller print run (and it having a weird-azz cover that doesn't exactly appeal to regular comic book buyers) finding a high-grade copy of that book is infinitely more difficult than finding a high-grade copy of Primer #6 - there's no comparison between the two.

Okay, so maybe my suggestion of 600 points may come across as high. But it takes into consideration AVAILABILITY, FUTURE DEMAND, and POTENTIAL PRICE knowing the trends over the years of Copper Age comics and the behavior of collectors focused on this period. Especially knowing what I have gone through to find my two copies after four years of actively searching, and seeing what is out there for supply. Maybe I am ahead of the curve with my points recommendation, but it takes all three categories into consideration when making this proposal.

There's nothing to suggest that there's going to be any more demand for this book in the future than there is right now (eg. practically none), nor that if a CGC 9.8 copy actually hit the market it would fetch more than the standard "non-key, relatively hard to find CA indie" rate of $40-60.

All this book has going for it - as I've mentioned previously - is that there are no 9.8 copies of it currently. And that, by itself, doesn't mean it deserves a high registry score.

The reason the books I mentioned prevously sell for decent dollar amounts is because demand outstrips supply.

When there's high demand, more copies of a book come out of the woodwork, even if has a tiny print run like a SDCC #2 - sometimes this makes the price drop like a rock (if only a few people are interested in owning CGC 9.8 copies), most of the time it makes the price creep downwards till it reaches a certain sustainable level (Sandman #1 is a good example of that - even though each census update shows additional 9.8 copies, the price has remained relatively steady for the last 2-3 years).

But seeing that there's no particular demand for neither raw nor slabbed copies of a Primer #6, nobody can be bothered to go through their boxes to look for 9.8 copies.

Taking this to mean that there aren't high-grade copies out there to be found is utterly fallacious, however - as we've seen time & time again with copper books, if a book gets hot & starts selling for a high dollar amount, there's suddenly an incentive for people to slab their copies.

I agree with most of this, but your argument before - I believe - was something like Sandman #1 should have just as much points if Primer #6 is awarded such points. Yet, when you look at Demand, Availability, and Price, this book has had a very steady increase in 9.8, a very large drop in price, and yet is still sought after as long as the price is right. The ones that have been posted on Comiclink for the longest time at $400 just don't move, and the same would go for Ebay listings that come and go.

That was my point with these more popular and mainstream books. But I totally agree as prices and market demand rises, so does the census because there is motivation to fill the need.

I think you're grossly over-estimating the impact of a handful of board members chasing cheap 9.8 copies.

Actually, I'm not. Look at Airboy 5, and how long this book had only a few copies in the census. Then, a few of us submit or purchase books that are 9.8's, post them, and there was this huge rush for folks wanting a copy for themselves. And last year, a few sold on here for $50. Then a board member posts his copy just a few months ago, and it goes for $100.

Yet two years ago Matt/Bonds bids on a 9.8 after a small bidding scuffle and walks away with one of the earliest copies for $47. And that was considered high back then for a non-key book.

Does it always lead to a massive price hike? Of course not. But it does drive demand when some folks start to build an interest.

Primer #2 is the dominant book in that set because it's a bona-fide key - it's the 1st appearance of a very popular character that's still being published today. People aren't paying large sums of money because this book is part of the Primer registry set - they're paying to put it in the Grendel set.

Look at the CGC registry ... there are currently 12 Primer sets, and not a single one of those sets contain any other book than a Primer #2. If that doesn't show how little interest there is in any Primer book outside of the #2, I don't know what would.

I already addressed this, right? But let's go through it again just to ensure the point is made.

Primer #2 is the key of that entire series. Nobody is challenging this. And the registry points assigned clearly show how much Supply-Demand-Price indict this book should be scored high.

But the census is climbing steady at the higher levels, and the known high supply can give a clear hint we are going to see many more at the 9.4 and higher levels.

So if you look at the Primer registry set, the top seven sets were only added in the past year. The field is filling fast with 9.4 and above copies, and three of the sets already have 9.8's out of the 14 which are out there. That crowd has a strong possibility of starting to look at the other books to break out from the pack, which means they start to look for the rest of the books.

When they start looking for Primer #5 and #6, it is going to get tough was my point, as these books just are tough to track down at the higher grades. This is where you and I differ in opinion. Yet I am speaking from an active buyer perspective, you from an active seller perspective. Who's right? Time will tell.

High-grade raw copies of Primer #5 never show up on ebay - what you're describing is F/VF to VF/NM copies selling in the $30-60 range. I'd personally pay $100 for a raw Primer #5 in 9.4 - and I'm not the only one.

Actually, a Primer #5 in NM-/NM condition just sold for $34 about five weeks ago on Ebay, along with a few other Copper Age books. Since I bought some of his books, I had the chance later on to see the feedback from someone with a long history on Ebay of buying comics. It was accurately graded.

Primer #5 NM- 1st Appearance The Maxx- Sam Kieth

And with the large photos that were posted - front and back - looks like a few people missed out.

Also ... due to Primer #5 being oversized & having a much smaller print run (and it having a weird-azz cover that doesn't exactly appeal to regular comic book buyers) finding a high-grade copy of that book is infinitely more difficult than finding a high-grade copy of Primer #6 - there's no comparison between the two.

I guess all we can do is agree to disagree, and see where we land over time on the facts. Maybe I'm wrong - maybe I'm right. Meanwhile, Primer #6 should be scored much higher than Primer #1, as it has more going for it.

I agree with most of this, but your argument before - I believe - was something like Sandman #1 should have just as much points if Primer #6 is awarded such points. Yet, when you look at Demand, Availability, and Price, this book has had a very steady increase in 9.8, a very large drop in price, and yet is still sought after as long as the price is right. The ones that have been posted on Comiclink for the longest time at $400 just don't move, and the same would go for Ebay listings that come and go.

No, my argument was that giving Primer #6 600 registry points would mean that it was worth almost twice as many points as a Sandman #1 - which would have no basis in reality. I think the points value for a Sandman #1 - as it stands - is totally reasonable as it factors in desirability, rarity, importance and value.

Primer #2 is the key of that entire series. Nobody is challenging this. And the registry points assigned clearly show how much Supply-Demand-Price indict this book should be scored high.

But the census is climbing steady at the higher levels, and the known high supply can give a clear hint we are going to see many more at the 9.4 and higher levels.

So if you look at the Primer registry set, the top seven sets were only added in the past year. The field is filling fast with 9.4 and above copies, and three of the sets already have 9.8's out of the 14 which are out there. That crowd has a strong possibility of starting to look at the other books to break out from the pack, which means they start to look for the rest of the books.

When they start looking for Primer #5 and #6, it is going to get tough was my point, as these books just are tough to track down at the higher grades. This is where you and I differ in opinion. Yet I am speaking from an active buyer perspective, you from an active seller perspective. Who's right? Time will tell.

You're missing my point - nobody cares about having a complete Primer registry set. They care about having the 1st appearance of Grendel in as high grade as they can afford.

It's no different than the San Diego Comic Con Comics set - you are the only one who's bothered to add a book to that set that isn't a #2. Does this mean that the other registry set holders are now going to start spending a ton of money on the other three issues in that series just so they can be on top?

Actually, a Primer #5 in NM-/NM condition just sold for $34 about five weeks ago on Ebay, along with a few other Copper Age books. Since I bought some of his books, I had the chance later on to see the feedback from someone with a long history on Ebay of buying comics. It was accurately graded.

Primer #5 NM- 1st Appearance The Maxx- Sam Kieth

And with the large photos that were posted - front and back - looks like a few people missed out.

I received large® scans of the book in that auction directly from the seller - it was a VF/NM copy at best due to numerous spine ticks on the front and a large corner crease on the back.

I guess all we can do is agree to disagree, and see where we land over time on the facts. Maybe I'm wrong - maybe I'm right. Meanwhile, Primer #6 should be scored much higher than Primer #1, as it has more going for it.

I disagree.

Primer #1 was the 1st book published by Comico, and had an absolutely miniscule print run (it was basically printed to order). In the grand scheme of things, I believe they should be valued about the same.

Can you imagine having this discussion on every book in the Registry? Trying to calculate availability, demand and price on GA books or the pre-hero Marvels would be quite the challenge.

Can you imagine having this discussion on every book in the Registry? Trying to calculate availability, demand and price on GA books or the pre-hero Marvels would be quite the challenge.

It would be a nightmare. But this discussion is also getting at the challenges of the registry when you have to consider all the variables that impact scores.

I think you ought to just go with the flow. The point totals really don't mean that much.

In the grand scheme of things, you are right. No matter what points a book receives, at least as a collector you still own the book.

But I want to ensure Copper Age independents receive the attention they deserve just as much as any DC or Marvel, and there isn't one voice making the suggestions.

You're missing my point - nobody cares about having a complete Primer registry set. They care about having the 1st appearance of Grendel in as high grade as they can afford.

Then you definitely need to engage more with some of the personalities that frequent this forum. There are two people in that registry set (and I am not one of them) that spend the money to be #1, and part of their strategy is by finding the other books to climb above the pack.

I've watched them do it a few times, and their strategy seems to work right now. I'm counting on seeing it again.

It's no different than the San Diego Comic Con Comics set - you are the only one who's bothered to add a book to that set that isn't a #2. Does this mean that the other registry set holders are now going to start spending a ton of money on the other three issues in that series just so they can be on top?

It worked, didn't it? :foryou:

I received large® scans of the book in that auction directly from the seller - it was a VF/NM copy at best due to numerous spine ticks on the front and a large corner crease on the back.

I felt the seller was grading quite accurately, as when I received my book I was pleased.

We all have a different tolerance level for accurate grading. (shrug)

Guest Grails
who cares about a come-and-gone character like The Maxx?).

:o

I'll have you know, sir, there are three, MAYBE FOUR of us damn it.

I've entered a Maxx set into the registry and my favorite book, a black ashcan #1 is worth (wait for it...) 4 POINTS! And worth every one of them to me.

who cares about a come-and-gone character like The Maxx?).

:o

I'll have you know, sir, there are three, MAYBE FOUR of us damn it.

I've entered a Maxx set into the registry and my favorite book, a black ashcan #1 is worth (wait for it...) 4 POINTS! And worth every one of them to me.

:foryou:

Sorry Charlie, but I'm hearing quite a bit about what I collect is value-challenged.

This book is a non-key that features the 1st appearance of a flash-in-the-pan 80s character

And there is no demand to speak of for this book - raw copies are $1 books, and even a CGC 9.8 copy would be luck to break the $100 mark.

Having a notation saying "Chuck Dixon's 1st work" on the label isn't really going to change this - it's a dollar-bin book that's relatively hard to find in 9.8 because it's been in a dollar bin all these years, just like so many other copper age books.

There's nothing to suggest that there's going to be any more demand for this book in the future than there is right now (eg. practically none), nor that if a CGC 9.8 copy actually hit the market it would fetch more than the standard "non-key, relatively hard to find CA indie" rate of $40-60.

And yet I am speaking from experience I have been bidding on supposed/definite high-grade copies over the years on Ebay and paid an average of $18-$24 because others were bidding against me. So then we have a mix of fact and assumption, because Michael states this is a $1 book from his experience.

The only time I underpaid for a sharp copy of Primer #6 was at the same Ebay auction five weeks ago that a Primer #5 sold for $34, and it was because the seller didn't do such a great job describing the book. It ended up being a nice 9.2/9.4, so now I have three sharp copies after four years of searching.

And yet because a few of you are nuts over The Maxx - and will pay high prices for this book - Primer #5 should be held in much higher regard?

I'd like to have a much broader reference on this for measurement sake, but I have a very tiny sample. Someone started a Primer discussion in the Copper Age forum, and of course the main focus was Primer #2. But a couple of folks indicated they would love having all six issues.

i, like most people, only have a number 2. i plan to get the rest, but they dont show up that often at cons around here

I will soon be a proud member of the Comico Primer Club (I have a CGC 9.8 #2 coming to me) And I intend to have a full set of this series in said grade.

Count me as #3, as I thought this series displayed much of what was going on to make the Copper Age a fun time to collect. Sure, there was oddball material included. But the same was going on in Dark Horse Presents if you go through many of those stories, and I found it to be fun reading.

:cloud9:

William is another Copper Age nut who has owned many books from this period over the years. When RMA posted his Primer 5 CGC 9.8, William was mentioning how tough this book and Primer #6 are to track down. Of course he meant in high-grade, versus the Mile High or Mycomicshop low-grade copies that pop up frequently.

I know I'm a bit late to the party but nice job. That book is tough in 9.8! I remember when Grails offered a $1000 for a copy. I had 3 untouched/unread copies and thought maybe I had one that would be worth submitting...they all had multiple spine stresses. #6 is a rough one too.

And look who gets mentioned for wanting a Primer #5 for a huge sum. lol

So Gemma, you make the call. But there are other folks that truly value the Primer books, and understand how tough they are to collect.

Guest Grails
:grin: and that 1K offer still stands. However, I don't connect that book with The Maxx. I want that book because its Sam's first pro comic work. Contains a rough story about a ninja rabbit. The first appearance of The Maxx is Darker Image #1.

:grin: and that 1K offer still stands. However, I don't connect that book with The Maxx. I want that book because its Sam's first pro comic work. Contains a rough story about a ninja rabbit. The first appearance of The Maxx is Darker Image #1.

Oh, I know. It goes back-and-forth if Primer #5 really laid the groundwork for The Maxx with some.

A very cool book to collect. It just isn't as high on my list compared to other books. That doesn't mean it isn't a great book.

Sorry Charlie, but I'm hearing quite a bit about what I collect is value-challenged.

No, what you're hearing is that Primer #6 is nowhere near as valuable, important or desirable as you think it is. It's got nothing to do with what you collect, and all to do with this specific book.

This is not a personal attack on your entire collecting focus, so please don't pretend that it is.

This is not me bashing CA books as a whole - that would be insane considering they're the back-bone of my collection.

What this is, however, is you imparting a world of importance to a book simply because, for you, it has proven difficult to track down in 9.8.

No, what you're hearing is that Primer #6 is nowhere near as valuable, important or desirable as you think it is. It's got nothing to do with what you collect, and all to do with this specific book.

This is not a personal attack on your entire collecting focus, so please don't pretend that it is.

This is not me bashing CA books as a whole - that would be insane considering they're the back-bone of my collection.

What this is, however, is you imparting a world of importance to a book simply because, for you, it has proven difficult to track down in 9.8.

Michael, I would agree if it didn't seem like you are going out of your way on this one, even when a few jump in to support my recommendation. But maybe I'm seeing things the wrong way.

(shrug)

Gemma can decide after all this debate.

Oh, he's not the only one, I can assure you of that. But some people, this humble poster included, don't have the energy to keep arguing about the same registry points issues ad nauseum - particularly with folks who are always right and are more than willing to continue shoe banging filibusters until their agendas are met. It will never be over until everyone either gives up or the book is worth 600 points. So screw it, make the book worth 600 points. :ohnoez:

It's all about WINNING. So here is to tiger blood and Adonis DNA and 600 point Primer 6's.

:golfclap:

Oh, he's not the only one, I can assure you of that. But some people, this humble poster included, don't have the energy to keep arguing about the same registry points issues ad nauseum - particularly with folks who are always right and are more than willing to continue shoe banging filibusters until their agendas are met. It will never be over until everyone either gives up or the book is worth 600 points. So screw it, make the book worth 600 points. :ohnoez:

It's all about WINNING. So here is to tiger blood and Adonis DNA and 600 point Primer 6's.

:golfclap:

Actually, no. That was not the case.

Michael was initially coming back with an alternative point, which is perfectly fine. But then he kept coming back to this being a dollar book. Not much you can discuss from there.

You, on the other hand, just like acting like an prig periodically rather than having a conversation. That's different.

So, here's to the King of the Prigs! :golfclap: