• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIX FLAGS "GREAT COMIC BOOK ADVENTURE" SUNDAY MAY 29TH!

65 posts in this topic

Reilly Brown.... artist of Cable & Deadpool... also some really great Hercules stuff... AND the May issues of Amazing Spider-Man just confirmed! If you're not getting Spidey you still have time to order with your favorite shop...If you buy the issues that Reilly worked on and you are NOT happy with them, come to my shows in Clifton or East Hanover and I'll buy them back from you! (Collectors only... shop owners that don't understand the concept of tracking their sales numbers don't qualify.)

Six Flags has a promo for the show up in their events section http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/events/CalendarEvents.aspx

It gives some basic info, but more details have been and will be posted here and on my website www.njcomicbookshows.com.

The important thing about the link is that within a week or so (the info is up, but the buying link won't be live till early next week) you can use it to buy a special discounted ticket to the park for the day of the show. If you are prompted for a codeword, enter COMIC.

The ticket price will be only $28.99 and includes entry to both Six Flags Great Adventure AND the Drive-Thru Safari! Show admission is free with park entry.

Lee Weeks! CGC not going? Seems like it would be a great place for CGC to promote themselves.

I agree, it does sound like a perfect opportunity for CGC to gain a little exposure in the non comic crowd.

Ticket purchasing for the show has gone live!

Go to www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/events/CalendarEvents.aspx

Scroll down to the show date, May 29. Click on the link and it will bring you to a page where you can prebuy tickets.

$28.99 gets you the theme park AND the safari park (my favorite) AND the comicon is included at NO additional charge!

(The show is indoors, so weather will not impact on it.)

Planning out the space... looks like about 2,500 sq ft for artists, 4,000 for vendors and a 1,500 sq ft space for events like the charity auction and costume contest. The building is very easy to spot. When you enter the park it's past the concession stands and before the rides to your left. There will be signage of course.

Slight shift in the dealer list for the show...

It looks like Bob Fox and Joe Figured won't be there... but we have confirmed Dave Reynolds, Gene Patterson and Mile High Comics!

Gene Patterson? I'm going to go just to see him. Haven't seen him in FOREVER.

Time to tweak the creator list again. As is often the case when planning a show months in advance it is a bit fluid.

Current list is:

Lee Weeks

Sean Chen

Irwin Hasen

Daxiong

Fred Hembeck

John B. Lai

Doug Baron

Glenn Whitmore

Buddy Scalera

and, ummm...

oh yeah...