• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Nolan & Ridley Scott for Blade Runner Sequel/Prequel !?!

32 posts in this topic

I thought Blade Runner sucked.

More interested in this Alien prequel.

You have got to be kidding me. It is in a category all by itself in terms of great sci-fi movies. Anybody who knows anything about film will tell you that Blade Runner is a lyrical, metaphorical, beautifully directed piece of cinema.

I can not imagine how you formed that opinion unless you were born after 1985. That whole generation seems incapable of appreciating things before they were born.

I was born in 1973 and grew up in the Harrison Ford/Star Wars craze. I was obsessed with Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc

I wanted to like Blade Runner, it had many cool aspects to it.

I remember watching it in the last year (again) and thinking it was complete mess (I cant remember specifics on why exactly)

Well, a lot of things come down to a matter of taste. Unfortunately for you, Blade Runner is not one of them. Fortunately for you, there's a new Transformers movie coming out soon I'm sure. :baiting:

You have got to be kidding me. It is in a category all by itself in terms of great sci-fi movies. Anybody who knows anything about film will tell you that Blade Runner is a lyrical, metaphorical, beautifully directed piece of cinema.

I can not imagine how you formed that opinion unless you were born after 1985. That whole generation seems incapable of appreciating things before they were born.

I was born in 1973 and grew up in the Harrison Ford/Star Wars craze. I was obsessed with Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc

I remember watching it in the last year (again) and thinking it was complete mess (I cant remember specifics on why exactly)

Read the book, then give the movie another try.

Do-Androids-Dream-of-Electric-Sheep2.jpg

I would really not like to see a prequel/ sequel/ remake/ reiteration/ reincarnation/ resuscitation/ reanimation/ reverberation/ re-anything of the re-blade runner.

I'm under the opinion that the only things worth remaking are those things are were badly made in the first place. Or a remake that is so far removed in time from the original generation that it doesn't matter how poorly it's done that the old gen wont care and the new wont know the difference.

Aliens on the other hand, the last 2 movies left such a bad taste in my mouth that I wouldn't mind if they gave that a second chance at vindication.

Well, a lot of things come down to a matter of taste. Unfortunately for you, Blade Runner is not one of them. Fortunately for you, there's a new Transformers movie coming out soon I'm sure. :baiting:

Dude, you crack me up. (thumbs u

Blade Runner is one of the few instances of a movie being far superior to the book upon which it was based.

Blade Runner is one of the few instances of a movie being far superior to the book upon which it was based.

+1

I read the book. I probably would have liked it, I do like PKSpoon, but I couldn't help but resent how different it was from the movie.

I used to dig the Transformers cartoons in the 80s too, but those were two of the most god-awful movies ever!