• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Kids! Comics!!! Atlas Pre-Hero Monsters, Atom Age and Pre-Codes

94 posts in this topic

My son won't take a bath, but he's enjoying Jonny Quest at the moment so I think I'm good for a few more issues. lol Here's the one slab of this thread.

Tales to Astonish #6, 1.8, $32. Overstreet says Stone Men prototype. :news:SOLD!

TTA6a.jpg

To get a beer or not get a beer, that is the question.

Tales of Suspense #23, 4.0, several stains on the back cover and some slice marks back cover, as if the book was under something else being cut. A few affect the last page, a non-story ad page. $42.

TOS23.jpg

Okay, last one for now.

Tales of Suspense #38, 2.0, spine so-so, split from bottom staple down, water stain at the corner, 1/4" chunk missing from bottom edge back cover, $20.

I haven't bothered to comment on any of the stories, but the the cover story is a longer one drawn by Jack Davis. I think it's the only Atlas giant monster book story he did.

TOS38.jpg

Strange Tales 79, 1.8, $20. "L" shaped piece of tape running 2" inches down the spine up top, 1/2" spine split bottom. Overstreet notes a Dr. Strange protoype, but fails to mention the first appearance of the Living Shadows, who returned in the 70s to give Hulk a hard time, namely Warlord Kaa. One of my favorite covers of the run and also of the pre-hero era. Kirby inked by Ditko = :cloud9::news:SOLD!

ST79.jpg