• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Kids! Comics!!! Atlas Pre-Hero Monsters, Atom Age and Pre-Codes

94 posts in this topic

If I had a hidden microphone inside of my heart,

I would turn the power on.

It would amplify my love for you, and swear to always love you,

And you'd never be gone.

But with just one look into your eyes

I become excited and it's no surprise

That the words get stuck in my throat.

The words get stuck in my throat.

Strange Tales #98, 5.0, $42. Another cover I love, Kirby and Ditko and great coloring. Stan Goldberg maybe? :news:SOLD!

ST98.jpg

If I had a hidden microphone inside of my heart,

I would turn the power on.

It would amplify my love for you, and swear to always love you,

And you'd never be gone.

But with just one look into your eyes

I become excited and it's no surprise

That the words get stuck in my throat.

The words get stuck in my throat.

You are certainly feeling some war of the gargantuas this morning!

It’s become a permanent part of my consciousness. It was in my top 3 kaiju eigas until my son decided it was his favorite movie of all time. I’ve now seen it more times than anybody in the Western hemisphere, and probably even more than Ishiro Honda, Akira Ifukube and August Ragone combined. lol

At least we’ve gone past watching it on a daily basis, although barely a day goes by that I’m not wrestling and re-enacting a scene at least once. “Daddy, you be Sanda, I be Gaira.”

Let's take a break now for a nice bit of wood.

How to recognize different trees from quite a long way away. Number 1, the Larch.

The Larch. The Larch.

lol:applause: Jonny quest and Monty Python. You have great taste my friend. By the by, I tried to get my daughter to watch JQ the other night on Boomerang. It didn't go well. :(

Let's take a break now for a nice bit of wood.

How to recognize different trees from quite a long way away. Number 1, the Larch.

The Larch. The Larch.

lol:applause: Jonny quest and Monty Python. You have great taste my friend. By the by, I tried to get my daughter to watch JQ the other night on Boomerang. It didn't go well. :(

I imagine that's kind of like trying to get my wife to watch the Venture Brothers :tonofbricks:

It’s become a permanent part of my consciousness. It was in my top 3 kaiju eigas until my son decided it was his favorite movie of all time. I’ve now seen it more times than anybody in the Western hemisphere, and probably even more than Ishiro Honda, Akira Ifukube and August Ragone combined. lol

At least we’ve gone past watching it on a daily basis, although barely a day goes by that I’m not wrestling and re-enacting a scene at least once. “Daddy, you be Sanda, I be Gaira.”

Hahaha! Awesome! :applause:

I can’t resist the urge to be self-indulgent with a few photos.

Here is giant Frankenstein battling Baragon (as played by Godzilla).

FrankenstreinvsBaragon.jpg

I can’t remember if this is Frankenstein attacked by the giant ocpus on the cliff before being dragged under the sea, or Gaira about to whoop some giant ocpus azz before munching on some hapless sailors. My son is fascinated by octopi, especially if they’re huge and fighting giant monsters.

GairavsOcpus.jpg

Here is Gaira about to attack dad.

GairaAttacks.jpg