• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Bill Everett sub-mariner sketch
1 1

24 posts in this topic

Hey I just posted this over in the comic book WTB forum but prob should have just posted it here. I'm interested in buying a sub-mariner sketch by bill everett. I want one where subby looks more like the GA 40's version. I know these don't come up for sale too often but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. pm me a pic and price if anyone has anything or can steer me in the right direction. Thanks

ok it's been 3 months so I'm gonna give this thread a bump. Haven't come close to finding one for sale. It's a long shot but if a board member owns this one that sold on heritage in 06 send me a pm. Even if you don't wanna sell it to me atleast let me drool and tell you how much I love it and envy you. :grin:

lf1.jpg

Well it's been almost 11 months since I started this thread and I literally haven't seen even 1 up for sale. I must have missed one, right?? seriously? there's gotta be one laying in a closet collecting dust that someone would be willing to sell, right? man-o-man I'd say it's been tough trying to buy one but it's been tough just finding a single sketch for sale anywhere. :pullhair: If you have one hell just shoot me some ridiculous price on it, or give me the "BAHAHAHAHa I'm not selling!!!" i'd just like some feedback at this point.

Well anyway i'm still in the market so if you guys hear of anything, give me a holler.

This sketch sold for $420 on heritage. If anyone knows where it currently resides I would go $800 shipped for it. Have no interest in low balling, willing to pay a fair price for a sketch. A small finders fee will be given if it leads to a sale on any sketch as a thank you

lf1.jpg

Unfortunately there doesnt appear to be very many "con" sketches of Subby by Everett around. I regret letting go the two I had. I havent seen any come along either and I think it will be a long time before one hits the market again.

Good luck in your quest. I'm sure you wont be alone...

Dave (Brauny)

thanks Brauny. The last one's I heard to hit the market were the 2 you sold and that was over a year ago. That's unless one slipped through the cracks and I didn't hear about it. It seems this is gonna take a bit more time.

Comic-n-ERB great sketch, and if a strong offer (well, what I consider to be a pretty good offer) of almost doubled what you payed doesn't even get a I'll think about it, then it obviously doesn't appear to be in the cards right now. Just please keep me in mind when it is time to let it go. (thumbs u

thanks Brauny. The last one's I heard to hit the market were the 2 you sold and that was over a year ago. That's unless one slipped through the cracks and I didn't hear about it. It seems this is gonna take a bit more time.

Comic-n-ERB great sketch, and if a strong offer (well, what I consider to be a pretty strong offer) of almost doubled what you payed doesn't even get a I'll think about it, then it obviously doesn't appear to be in the cards right now. Just please keep me in mind when it is time to let it go. (thumbs u

Honestly, I haven't thought about selling it. I have been getting con sketches for over 20 years now (mostly in person) and Everett was someone I had never met, therefore I purchased this one.

Why don't you shoot me a PM and we can talk it over. hm