• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Ebay fee structure

127 posts in this topic

I'll stay and take the bullet for you. :roflmao:

As a serious question, how much would the fees have to go up before you would decide eBay was not worth it? As a businessman I know you have to consider costs when making decisions, so the question becomes how many fee increases you can eat before you take your business elsewhere? Economies of scale are great, but the fees are still a percentage of your overall business. Just asking...

Total eBay fees on all of my sales for the past 14 years have been (roughly) 15%. That 15% buys me:

1) Worldwide exposure

2) Massive customer base

3) Ease of use

4) The ability to move everything

I simply factor that 15% into my costs and move on. There's no other selling venue that provides me the benefits eBay does for the relatively low cost.

I'll stay and take the bullet for you. :roflmao:

As a serious question, how much would the fees have to go up before you would decide eBay was not worth it? As a businessman I know you have to consider costs when making decisions, so the question becomes how many fee increases you can eat before you take your business elsewhere? Economies of scale are great, but the fees are still a percentage of your overall business. Just asking...

Total eBay fees on all of my sales for the past 14 years have been (roughly) 15%. That 15% buys me:

1) Worldwide exposure

2) Massive customer base

3) Ease of use

4) The ability to move everything

I simply factor that 15% into my costs and move on. There's no other selling venue that provides me the benefits eBay does for the relatively low cost.

Agree 100%. I've been selling since 1998 and have no intentions to go anywhere else. They prvide a service and a customer base that just isnt available anywhere else, regardless of fees.

I think the CGC Boards needs a "My Shop" forum where boardies can have one post to put all of their For Sale items...forever editable. Create a template and uniform book descriptions so that the forum is easily searchable for specific books, link to you specific store in your sig and voila.

I think this would be a BIG plus for some of the boardies using Feebay and would drive more traffic to the CGC boards and thus the CGC business.

Just my $0.02

Sorry, I would not like to see this. IMHO the Boards were not created to be a selling venue. Mass quantities of cheap E-Bay books would tarnish the image of the Boards. I don't see how CGC's business would benefit ? In fact it would mean more work for the Mods.

Whateva... meh

With this new fee structure and the post office`s policy about media mail and comic books,the common comic book readers just got even more unprofitable to sell. Really us comic book collectors should complain to the post office.

An example of what I shipped today.

I shipped a dvd it cost me $1.90

I shipped a book it cost me $2.55

I shipped a comic book it cost me $4.99 because you can`t ship media mail.

We comic book sellers are getting screwed more then the other sellers.

:frustrated:

A comic sandwhiched in between 4-5 pieces of cardboard should cost about $3.00 to ship.

Yes, if it is in a box it might get you over 13 ounces.

Bags unlimited had these awesome media mailers that could hold like 3-5 comics (as opposed to their somewhat bigger boxes that might hold 20-25) that I got like 10 years ago when they were offering free shipping and they were like half price (they still cost about 35 cents each I think), but I never saw that deal again and likewise you could ship a comic for about $3.00 with those.

So if I understand this correctly, currently for this auction, selling for $11 plus $5 shipping, I get $14.19 in my pocket on a customer payment of $16.00.

($11 sales price minus $0.25 listing fee, minus $0.79 fees ((9 percent times $11)*.8 because I get a 20% discount because I'm wonderful), minus $0.30 (Paypal fee) minus $0.46 (Paypal fee which is already on both) minus $4.75 shipping (because of the Paypal discount).

Under the new "plan", I get $13.83 in my pocket.

($11 plus $5 shipping sales price minus $0.25 listing fee, minus $0.79 fees ((9 percent times $16)*.8 because I get a 20% discount because I'm wonderful), minus $0.30 (Paypal fee) minus $0.46 (Paypal fee) minus $4.75 shipping (because of the Paypal discount).

All I need to do is charge $5.50 for shipping, and I'm making more money than I was before.

($11 plus $5.50 shipping sales price minus $0.25 listing fee, minus $0.79 fees ((9 percent times $16)*.8 because I get a 20% discount because I'm wonderful), minus $0.30 (Paypal fee) minus $0.48 (Paypal fee) minus $4.75 shipping (because of the Paypal discount).

Now I get $14.28.

Mountain, meet molehill

Please note, the search button still functions, and this is still a non-issue.

So if I understand this correctly, currently for this auction, selling for $11 plus $5 shipping, I get $14.19 in my pocket on a customer payment of $16.00.

($11 sales price minus $0.25 listing fee, minus $0.79 fees ((9 percent times $11)*.8 because I get a 20% discount because I'm wonderful), minus $0.30 (Paypal fee) minus $0.46 (Paypal fee which is already on both) minus $4.75 shipping (because of the Paypal discount).

Under the new "plan", I get $13.83 in my pocket.

($11 plus $5 shipping sales price minus $0.25 listing fee, minus $0.79 fees ((9 percent times $16)*.8 because I get a 20% discount because I'm wonderful), minus $0.30 (Paypal fee) minus $0.46 (Paypal fee) minus $4.75 shipping (because of the Paypal discount).

All I need to do is charge $5.50 for shipping, and I'm making more money than I was before.

($11 plus $5.50 shipping sales price minus $0.25 listing fee, minus $0.79 fees ((9 percent times $16)*.8 because I get a 20% discount because I'm wonderful), minus $0.30 (Paypal fee) minus $0.48 (Paypal fee) minus $4.75 shipping (because of the Paypal discount).

Now I get $14.28.

Mountain, meet molehill

Please note, the search button still functions, and this is still a non-issue.

Sucker you pay listing fees....... :baiting: