• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping Profiteers!!!!

52 posts in this topic

I just bought a CGC book from smortesen (ya know, the 9.8 Modern subscription king) and I was shocked to see he charges $8 for FREAKIN MEDIA RATE and $4 INSURANCE for a $100 book. Easily cleared $6 from that one... insane.gif

I saw that as well quite disgusting but at least they are honest on how they ship unlike some sellers who have charges similar to UPS Airmail and send it ground 893censored-thumb.gif.

DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW HOW MUCH GAS COSTS NOWADAYS TO DRIVE TO THE POST OFFICE?!@? 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Yes almost $60.00 a tank a week and climbing and yet I am still not raising prices........ insane.gif

Walking a mile to the post office with 25 packages in my hand at a time hmmmm that's a swell idea. grin.gif

I am not complaining gas prices are they way they are, which is insane and they are going up more with crude prices hitting a 21 year high today can you say possibly $2.75 to $3.00 a gallon by July foreheadslap.gif, but I love to drive my big truck. It is the only vehicle I fit comfortably in.... blush.gifgrin.gif

So you don't mind if we blame you for all our woes, right? tonofbricks.gif

Walking a mile to the post office with 25 packages in my hand at a time hmmmm that's a swell idea. grin.gif

I am not complaining gas prices are they way they are, which is insane and they are going up more with crude prices hitting a 21 year high today can you say possibly $2.75 to $3.00 a gallon by July foreheadslap.gif, but I love to drive my big truck. It is the only vehicle I fit comfortably in.... blush.gifgrin.gif

Hmmm let's see the list of People to Blame for high Gas Prices

California Oil Companies for not building a new refinery in 35 years causing gas output shortages.. tonofbricks.gif

OPEC for keeping oil output low causing prices to rise..... tonofbricks.gif

Terrorists in Saudi Arabia causing fears of instability in the country sending oil prices today to a new 21 year high......... tonofbricks.gif

Automobile Manufactuers for not making more hybrid gas Electric vehicles especially Trucks..... tonofbricks.gif

I know there are more people and things to blame for the high gas prices on than this. I figure I am about number 3 million or so down on the list. Considering I can't drive a small vehicle, no room in them for my large [!@#%^&^] blush.gif and I use the truck to haul comics around. Hopefully that will get me some props on here.. grin.gifblush.gifgrin.giftongue.gif

So you don't mind if we blame you for all our woes, right? tonofbricks.gif

...On the other side,....I charge $5.75 to ship a book anywhere in the US......I pack in an extra-large express mail box,.....I have to cover it with brown paper and mail tape cause I ship priority (2 day),..rather than express....the box is filled with peanuts, which run me about $1.00 or so per package,...and I ship the next,...or in some cases the same day I receive payment,...and I still get complaints on how much I charge,.......I frequently get E-mails saying ..."Hey the postage on my box only says $4.25 and you charged me $5.75...I think that's a rip-off!!".......I don't even argue with these people,...I just refund their $1.50 and put them on my blocked bidder list ,......

You do know that you can get Priority Mail boxes in all the same sizes as the Express boxes, right? foreheadslap.gif

The 1092s and 1095s both work just fine... thumbsup2.gif

I know you were man... tongue.gif Sweet I want a hybrid truck the current 12 mpg is not cutting it, hopefully get 30 plus mpg with a hybrid. I will take so many road trips then..... thumbsup2.gif