• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twin Cities Pedigree shaping up..........

219 posts in this topic

The White Mountains I've seen raw SEEM TO ME to have better gloss than Pacific Coast....but not exponentially so. They do, however, have complete runs. That should be a deciding factor when ranking SA Peds. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Jimbo really? I just cracked out a bunch of Pac Coast Thor's and the gloss is just killer.

The White Mountains I've seen raw SEEM TO ME to have better gloss than Pacific Coast....but not exponentially so. They do, however, have complete runs. That should be a deciding factor when ranking SA Peds. GOD BLESS...

Jimbo really? I just cracked out a bunch of Pac Coast Thor's and the gloss is just killer.

I'm a fan of the Pacific Coast books. But I always thought the covers have kind of a translucent quality. They do have nice gloss but some other pedigrees have deeper, richer colors.

I'm a fan of the Pacific Coast books. But I always thought the covers have kind of a translucent quality. They do have nice gloss but some other pedigrees have deeper, richer colors.

This is true. Lots of the SA Marvels I have seen have a little interior oil transfer to the covers giving them that translucent quality.

They are killer copies, structurally.

Twin Cities- Second best pedigree after Pacific Coasts?

Is it just me or does anyone else think these books are really dingy and yellowed?

Not to mention that almost every one I've looked at close up is distributor marked.

I must admit that they do remind me of Pacific Coasts, and early Marvel Rocky Mountains too, because those pedigrees are also yellowed.

Give me Bostons, Masses, and Curators (as long as they are not marked) any day.

What fascinates me more is how these pedigrees manage to stay in such amazing condition throughout the decades.

I'd like to one day read a book on all these pedigrees and their histories on how or what methods of storage and conservation were utilized.

Is it just me or does anyone else think these books are really dingy and yellowed?

Not to mention that almost every one I've looked at close up is distributor marked.

I must admit that they do remind me of Pacific Coasts, and early Marvel Rocky Mountains too, because those pedigrees are also yellowed.

these books look super fresh, glossy and great colors

they dont look yelowed to me

the FF 1 i think, is overgraded with the heavy MC

you should eyeball those Savannah's- talk about a gift pedigree. got two, they're not good.

What fascinates me more is how these pedigrees manage to stay in such amazing condition throughout the decades.

I'd like to one day read a book on all these pedigrees and their histories on how or what methods of storage and conservation were utilized.

I know what you mean...I wish there was a Pedigree book, or at LEAST one in the works hm

I know what you mean...I wish there was a Pedigree book, or at LEAST one in the works hm

hm

you should eyeball those Savannah's- talk about a gift pedigree. got two, they're not good.

If Savannah deserves it, it's because of the DCs. The DC keys are surprisingly strong.

The Marvels, to me, are mediocre.

I knew the distributor's ink would put you off of these. Some of them really do have some of the worst overspray I've seen on top-quality books. It probably won't put me off from bidding but I probably won't feel as bad when I lose one.